Hi there - Boris from Switzerland

Cheers everybody. I thought that with just turned 50 years old, it might be a good idea to learn a new instrument. I’m not completely new to strings, play a little bit of bass and have since years an acoustic which I’m noodling around every once in a while. Just pulled yesterday the trigger on an electric guitar + amp. Looking for some online resources I was stumbling over this platform and thought I’ll give it a try. Looking forward learning some Blues…
Best, Boris

7 Likes

Welcome to the community Boris.

1 Like

Welcome Boris. You chose the right place. Follow Justin’s structure and you’ll be well on your way. It sounds like you have a good head start already.

1 Like

Wilkomme!

This is a great place. You will improve if you stick around.

1 Like

Salut Boris,
Git nid viu Schwiizer hie i de Community :wink:
Bärn, Basu, Züri oder angerswo?
Hope to hear that new guitar at some stage…
Maybe something along the lines of a quiet hare?

1 Like

hi @Boris71 and welcome to the Community!

1 Like

Hi Brian - none of them - Schwyz, right in the heart of CH :wink:
Well, let‘s see when the gear arrives, how fast I‘ll make my first proper blues lines…

1 Like

Haha, Stiftschule Einsiedeln, '78 - '84. We used to look down on your town on school trips to the Grosse Mythen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, cool - the monastery is always a nice trip. Especially during summer with the motorbike… :+1:

1 Like

Hello Boris and welcome to the community.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Boris and welcome :smiley:

You’ll find life with 2 more strings on a brand new electric as you work through Justin’s fantastic courses, Blues included, will see you having a whole world of fun you couldn’t have imagined.
Excellent lessons for you

When you’re ready, we’d love you to share your recordings with us here.
Beginner’s Safe Space

2 Likes

Hi Boris! I too look forward to the blues, it’s a long way off, but in my sights also one day. Enjoy that new guitar!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Boris.

Not sure exactly where you are in terms of playing from your intro. It may be an idea to work through Justin’s Grade 1-3 lessons, to review your foundation before diving into the blues. That said, there is an intro to the blues in Grade 2, module 13.

1 Like

Hello and welcome Boris. :slight_smile:

Great to have you here.

Hi Boris and welcome I was about to suggest the same as David, so it saves me typing :rofl: