Hi to all from Alan - and a brief introduction

No, no really. It is important though to have a well setup Guitar. High strings at the nut (poorly cut nut) can make playing any barre chords much more challenging than it really needs to be. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello Alan and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

:rofl: I’ve done that myself before today. I was a demon for a minute…or two but it could have been three. :smiley:

Like others have said, don’t stress the F chord too much, it is what it is and for some it’s quick, others it’s slow but practice and using it regularly will get you there.

1 Like

Glad I’m in the “start button forgetting” camp! I didn’t want to be the only solo player in it. Today’s 1 min chord change saw the top at 45, so the 60 chord changes was a one-off. Yes, with the F chord. It’s amazing that I set myself up for failure before I’ve reached that lesson. I think I’m just starting practice #3, with the A minor and E minor. So… a way to go.

3 Likes

Alan, welcome to the community. Everyone above has given you good advice. You don’t have to worry about the F chord until module 9 in Grade 2 and even then you don’t have to master or even use the chord in Grade 2, just learn how to play it and give it a go. In the very next lesson Justin gives several easier ways to play the F chord and I’ve used all of them in songs. Some times the easier F chord sounds better. No need to worry about how long it will take to master anything on the guitar. It’s OK to look ahead, but have fun playing songs for each module and grade as you make progress.

1 Like

Hello Alan.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving somewhat late to your introductory party. You’re now a couple of several months further along - how are you getting along with your plan of sticking to Justin’s fantastic lessons and resources?
:slight_smile:

There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything else.

With that good mindset you don’t need to worry about anything that may be difficult further along the road - it’ll be there when you’re ready.

Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the welcome. I decided to get a face-to-face tutor, see how it goes for several months. Seems to work better for me now - though this community is great, and I still refer to the lessons.

I think when I get a more solid foundation, feel more comfortable, I will take more progress with Justin’s lessons.

1 Like