How am I getting worse (Grade 1, Module 7)

That «wife thing» is not going to blow over anytime soon, so just expect it to always be there :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

And for all the women reading this and thinking :sweat_smile: I have a husband… feel free to replace wife with husband, they just think the same :smile:

3 Likes

Hi Kevin,

Yep - I have had that spousal response for a while now. :rofl:

I was told I had to WRITE a song before I could consider a new guitar, then she added I had to play it! how cruel!

It will feel really good that day you are practicing and she comes out dumbfounded asking “that was YOU?”

Keep on keepin’ on!

Love it! I tell her that when we fly into Glastonbury one Sunday night and she watches me on centre stage she will regret these cruel words!!

1 Like

I’m just started a week ago and already feel regress lol. Shifts from A to D are getting worse since yesterday just trying to hold on and blame my guitar for now cause it’s a cheap thing.

Think i’m going to buy a better one tommorow so i’m sure that’s not the problem haha

1 Like

You are not getting worse. Your taste is developing faster than your skills and the difference is widening.

2 Likes

I think this is an old thread but I saw it and it resonated! D and Dm are pretty tricky in my opinion. I spent a lot of time learning 505 by Arctic Monkeys as that is a real basic Em to Dm change throughout the song. I liked the song so I just used that to practice my Dm chord! The D chord is still the chord that I screw up the most when I’m playing songs! I’m at Grade 1 consolidation. Cheers.

1 Like

Hi, there, Andy. Cheer to you too, sounds like you are coming along well all things considered. The D chord continues to be one of the main ones I struggle with. After moving on to Grade 2, Module 8 last October, I was very inconsistent until February/March and for the last 4+ months I’ve been on this Module. However, after trying diligently but struggling rise to the challenge of this Module, I went back to Mod 7 this week. Feeling a bit stuck/confused on my journey but trying to keep going.

2 Likes