Howdy everyone from Sam! 3rd time lucky

Hello,

I’m Sam! I’ve recently decided to pick up my guitar again. I literally don’t really know why I just woke up one day a couple weeks back and said to my wife “I’m gonna get the guitar out of the attic and go buy an amp.” So I braved the attic, and that night while researching my ole trusty line 6 spider amp i used to have I thought I’d stick to what I know and try to find a used one like the one I had a while back when I gave up learning previously. Instead, I actually stumbled across a fender GTX50 for 200 bucks on FB marketplace that was almost brand new! No dust or anything! The lady got it but couldn’t play since her new neighbors (after her divorce) didn’t appreciate it or something. Either way I stopped at guitar center and picked up a cord, tuner, and some picks. I told myself I wouldn’t make the same mistake as the other times I’ve tried to learn of just practicing tabs and memorizing where to put my fingers. I wanted to learn WHY my fingers need to be there, and WHY they are going to the next spot. I’m very skeptical of learning a skill online. But Justin has made it a seamless process. I just fired up module 2 a day or two ago and I’m really liking this E chord. My fingers still mute random strings (and hurt LOL) if I’m going to fast and don’t move quickly enough yet for most things but the progress is tangible with the app and it’s revolutionary to be able to watch nitsuj learn. Sometimes it’s discouraging when learning something that someone makes look so easy because you don’t understand why it ISNT for you, but that’s not the case, nitsuj is struggling as bad if not worse than me with certain exercises! Im excited to see what the future holds. Im enjoying my squire strat (20th anniversary edition), but I can’t wait for my EVH Wolfgang standard in exotic midnight sunset to show up in the next week or two. In my opinion it’s an absolutely beautiful color/design and I hope to give it the love and use it deserves. Anyways. Thanks for reading my intro :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Hello and thank you for that introduction. You seem to be well underway. But remember though, it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Welcome Sam. Nice amp, I have the same one! Similar story too, bought it used (ebay) from an old guy who had just moved into a retirement unit so couldn’t use it anymore… even though it was only a few months old.

Enjoy the journey!

3 Likes

Hi Sam,

Welcome, Seems you’re guitars have been subconsciously calling to you in your sleep “Play me” :sweat_smile:.
So glad you got the message and picked them up again great time and place to learn.
Good luck for you with the amp but such a shame that anybody would need to give up due to othes, Best way to keep the old gray matter active and hands agile :love_you_gesture:
A

2 Likes

New member also, so far this seems like a really friendly place.
@Skratchdat Welcome to the community :smile:

3 Likes

It’s funny the only riff I learned other than the first one in the module is the Steve Vai “for the love of god” riff. I was dreaming this morning that I was playing it FLAWLESSLY and then one of my employees called at 1:30am waking me up to tell me they wouldn’t be coming in to work. Straight from a dream to a nightmare :joy:

1 Like

lol we have all done that dreamed playing something and bang waken up. wow good boss to take a call at 1.30 am good time to proactive :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello Sam, Welcome to the community!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Sam, enjoy the ride!

2 Likes

Welcome to the group

:wave:

R.

2 Likes

Welcome, Sam!
Have fun.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, enjoy the guitar journey, it’s a great place to be

2 Likes

Welcome Sam, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
In the beginning, I was also a bit sceptical, whether an online teacher would be the right choice for me. But Justin absolutely was :star_struck:.
The way he takes you by your hand and guides you from step to step is fantastic :smiley:.
I wish you a wonderful guitar journey :grinning:.

2 Likes

Hi Sam, welcome to the community

2 Likes

Hello Sam and welcome! :blush:

2 Likes

Hey, welcome to the community! I just looked up that EVH Wolfgang Standard Exotic in Midnight Sunset—it looks gorgeous.

Some of the best decisions in life are made like that, in my experience. I hope everything works out well for you with this! :notes::guitar:

2 Likes

Hey Sam
Welcome! Nice to meet you :slight_smile:
That EVH Wolfgang Standard Exotic in Midnight Sunset really does look sweet!

2 Likes

Welcome, Sam!

2 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Sam.
Join in mate, have fun, stick close to Justins tuition, and be kind to yourself in the early days. All the best,

Cheers, Shane

2 Likes