Howdy Folks from Scotty in Arlington, Texas

This is Scotty from Arlington, Texas. I’m a 50+ beginner with zero musical background, but I’m determined to learn this magnificent instrument. Looking forward to continuing the course and interacting with all the other members of the community.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Scotty

Hi Scotty,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Scotty, welcome to the group!

Hi Scotty, welcome to the community forum.

Thanks Steve. I’m excited to be here.

1 Like

Welcome Scott @Scotty369, you’ve come to the right place! Lots of good people and good support here.

Hello Scott & Welcome!!!

One piece of advice I offer to people new to learning guitar is to buy a stand & keep your guitar on it! Or, hang it on the wall somewhere that is easily available. Then, when you only have 5 or 10 minutes available, (I like to pick mine up for a few minutes while the coffee is brewing in the morning) play or practice something that you’re having a bit of difficulty with! Those extra few minutes here & there in your day really make a difference in how fast things progress!!!

Good luck & keep it fun!!!

Tod from New Mexico

1 Like

Welcome Scotty, enjoy the journey. I’ve set it down and picked it up a few times. It’s the journey, so enjoy the ride.
-Scott

Welcome to the forum Scotty. I started at the tender young age of 53 well over 10 years ago now. It’s a bit frustrating at first but for me it was all about songs. The first song I learned was Blowin in the Wind from Justin’s beginner songbook. Now playing guitar and singing has become a lifestyle, such huge rewards when you stick it out. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome, Scotty. It’s a great place to learn.

Lol. I’ve already done both. I agree. Quick and easy access is a great way to promote practice time and that few minutes here and there does add up! Thanks!

Go for it Scotty. You will not regret it.

Welcome aboard, Scotty! :smiley:

Welcome to the community Scotty!

Hello Scotty.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

Thank you Richard. Justin’s teaching practices are not the only reason I signed up. I read a lot about the “play it forward” programs and knew immediately that I had found my place. I’m not big on social media these days so I will go and read the community etiquette page too.