Howdy from Benjy in Houston, Tx

I’m originally from St. Louis, so I refuse to say “ya’ll”… :grin:
I started playing guitar, poorly, about 20 years ago. I’ve finally been looking at improving the last six months or so using Justin’s lessons.
My fingerpicking is okay, I have little knowledge of the fretboard, and am terrible at flatpicking… but working on it!

5 Likes

Welcome, Benji! (Although I guess we already “met” in your Free Fallin’ post.)

I’m in the Houston sprawl, too (the Spring/Woodlands area). I lived in the St. Louis area (St. Peters, actually), as well, for a few years. But I was born in Texas (Fort Hood), so no qualms saying “y’all” from me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Benji

1 Like

Welcome! We have a lot in common sounds like. I started playing about 25ish years ago and just played acoustic rhythm (basic chord progressions, some fingerstyle) in a garage band. Then didn’t paly much for the past 15 years. Just picked it back up a few months ago. Bought a cheap electric to go with my trusty acoustic and have been doing Justin’s lessons.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Benji ! :wave:

1 Like

Welcome to the community y’all. It can be singular, right? Good to hear from you. I remember fondly my family’s first visit to Texas when I was 7 years old. We all came home wearing cowboy hats. I’ve been living in Australia now for over 40 years and enjoy confusing people with the greeting G’day y’all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Benji. :slight_smile:

I’m sure Justin’s courses will be able to help you improve where you want to.

1 Like

Welcome, Benji. Nice to meet you. Great job on your “ Free Fallin’” performance. I’m from Texas also, but a ways from you and J.W.C. I’m in NE Texas in a little town about 2 hrs from Dallas; and yep, I say ya’ll!

1 Like

Hi again J.W.C, in the Montrose area myself and I teach out in Cypress Fairbanks.

1 Like

thanks stitch… :wave:

1 Like

Have you worked much on single note picking? That’s my real challenge, besides finding more time to practice…

2 Likes

thanks Madman!

1 Like

Hi Tony… :wave: Pretty sure it’s plural… :thinking: :grin: But hey, not from here so what can I say… Still got your cowboy hat?

2 Likes

Thanks Sgt, they already have… :+1:

1 Like

Hi again, oops howdy… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Ha, that one wouldn’t fit any more, I was 7 at the time. Managed to pick up a pair of cowboy boots along the way. And a few cowboy songs played with cowboy chords y’all.

2 Likes

Hi Benji, welcome to the community.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m working at the moment actually…

2 Likes

Thank clandev!.. :wave:

1 Like

Hello Benjy, a warm welcome to the community.
You’ve come to a great place for clear lessons with structured learning and a great community.
Reading between the lines of what you write, it may be that you have learned piecemeal over time and may have some gaps and technique issues it could be worth your while addressing. Perhaps do a whistle stop tour of the basic beginner lessons to see if there are any areas worth revisiting and working on to set you up with strong foundations as you move into a new area of learning and playing.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator