I'm Robert from Eden Prairie, MN (Minneapolis)

Its a great story Robert. What kind of music do you generally like to play? and welcome to the community.
♫⋆。♪ ₊˚♬ ゚.

Welcome to the community Robert!

Welcome to the forum Robert

Welcome to the community, Robert. It’s a great place for learning guitar.

Surely your experience as drummer will be a super useful foundation.sinxe rhythm is king :crown:

Oh…and don’t let that Dm grind you down :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Robert,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings ,Rogier

Hello Robert,

that’s a wonderful story, I wish you lots of fun playing the guitar, it’s a hell of a beast to tame (so few ever managed to imho :wink:), but so, so satisfying to play.

regards,

– Gyall

Welcome Robert. I think your musical background should be of a great help with your guitar journey. Half of the job is to understand (hear) what exactly you need to play and that part should come easier for you. I am looking forward to listening some of your songs.

1 Like

Hello Robert & welcome!!!

Enjoy the journey along with the rest of us Old Dogs!!! Lots of us here!

Tod from New Mexico

1 Like

I’m in Wayzata.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Robert! :smiley:

That was a great read about your musical past and it will surely help you on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

Wish you loads of fun along your way through guitar land. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome from another Minnesotan! I’m in North Mankato.

1 Like

Super story! Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome @robert_olding! Great story, and glad you’re taking up the guitar! I personally appreciate your love of drums too. I picked up playing drums to support my wife as she’s learning the guitar. I’ve always wanted to play drums, so that worked out! I’m loving it. Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Robert!

Welcome to the community! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Robert. You sure have some musical background.
Drum = rhythm and rhythm is where it’s at.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

1 Like

I truly enjoy listening to most genres of music. When it comes to playing music, rock and roll is my first love and blues is a very close second.

Learning the piano at a young age really helped my ear training. I’m not as good at playing by ear as I was when I was younger but I suspect that as I learn the guitar, my ear will get much better.

1 Like

Great story Robert, welcome to the forum

Hi Robert, welcome to the community forum. As others have said, you have an interesting musical background that makes a good story. Justin is very big on rhythm, so your background will make it easier to learn more complicated strumming patterns and techniques that Justin demonstrates in some of his song tutorial videos. I know you will will make great progress and have a lot of fun with the guitar.

Hey Robert! My name is Robert. Read your song and know that kind of progress. Here is me, well i just got to 64! https://youtu.be/dwKdAQkf-9g?si=tkINUUK6TfonhzGl