Imagine - John Lennon

I aim to focus on two songs a month and get them to the point that I can feel confident to post them here. I’d be happy to learn 24 new songs this year, but, I suspect, and have already seen evidence, that as efficiency gains come I’ll soon be able to increase that as the months go on.

This is one of those songs I’ve been working on this month. It’s a pretty simple version but I’m just glad I could finish it and will look to spice it up even more as I gain new skills further down the line. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

P.s I f anyone knows how to make the screen bigger in OBS, please let me know, haven’t a clue!

16 Likes

Aidan

Good singing and playing and terrific balance between guitar and voice. An enjoyable performance.

Brian

1 Like

Nice job good rhythm
A

1 Like

Hey Aidan, good to see you sharing again :smiley:
But much more impressive, the idea of sharing two songs every month for a year. That’s some commitment! It is quite feasible- On the old forum we had a guy Johan (Loefgren) who set out to do one a week and got there (well almost). You’ll learn a ton if you go for it.
Feedback for this. Box ticked for song choice, steady rhythm and decent vocals :smiley:
The four downstrums per bar (with the occasional 16th strumming on the 4th) thrown in left me wishing for some more variation, but you have your priorities right. Focus on the basics and get the foundations right. As the year progresses, you’ll pick up songs much faster and have more time for ‘finessing’
Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hi Aidan,
Wonderfully sung, nice voice, and the guitar fits well with it :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :sunglasses:, indeed more variation in the rhythm guitar would be nice, but for now it’s great, better start steady without mistakes and expand later,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

I like your sparse, laid-back intrepretation, Aiden. Guitar sounded good, clean chords and steady rhythm.

As for OBS, when you pull a video source in a scene you can select it and drag it bigger or smaller, place it where you want it in the display window.

You could also check the config of the video source to make sure it is correct. I normally use just the default.

1 Like

That was very nice Aidan both the playing and the vocals. Almost skipped this ad JL doesn’t do it for me at all but glad I didn’t. Great stuff!

1 Like

I can only echo what Eddie said. Both your strumming and singing sounded good :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m usually trying my best to skip any Beatles or John Lennon song - but I’m glad I didn’t.

1 Like

Great song choice! Your play seems pretty steady on that end! Good job.

EDIT - Still listening to this after I wrote. Had to say, you vocals are nice!

Take care,
LB

1 Like

@Aidan5
Hi Aidan,
great job! I liked the clean vocals and the good steady tempo.
Waiting for new videos!
Leo

1 Like

Very beautiful man!!! So I use OBS, You should just be able to drag the video to fit the screen! Lemme know if that works! I had that problem before as well.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That was beautiful, Aidan!
Great playing and singing.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful song :musical_note: :peace_symbol: :blue_heart:

Greetings
Gunhild :lady_beetle:

1 Like