Jeff (nzmetal) and JK (jkahn) meet & jam in Brisbane

Some of you know me and @nzmetal, we both post a lot on the community and have performed at the OMs.

In the chat for the next JG Open Mic, Jeff @nzmetal let on that he was going on holiday from where he lives in New Zealand to the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, Australia. ā€œNot farā€ from where I live in Brisbane - at least, in Australian terms - itā€™s a 2 hour drive from my place!

Most of the time @nzmetal was on the sunny coast I was also away on holiday elsewhere, in North Queensland, around 1700km away. But I was getting back before Jeff leftā€¦ well, Jeff hatched a plan to head down to Brisbane for some sightseeing & a catch up (1 1/2 hr drive), and I made the (much smaller 30 min) trek in to Brisbaneā€™s South Bank parklands with some guitars.

It was great. Turns out Jeff is a pretty cool guy! And a good guitar player! Although I get the feeling that having a wall of amps and an electric to rip some metal riffs would be more his style :rofl: (not sure why) we had an acoustic jam, playing bits of songs, a bit of blues & improv and just generally chatting. Playing guitar together in the shade of the park was pretty sweet. We also got a sneak peek at each otherā€™s potential next OM songsā€¦ but not letting any secrets out until the day!

Hey Jeff, was awesome to meet, and bummer we live in different countries! BTW, while Jeff looks laid back, heā€™s actually insanely hardcore and surfs in antarctic temperatures off the South Island of NZ :scream:.

37 Likes

Thanks @jkahn! That was awesome mate! :metal::sunglasses:

JK was shredding out the tunes while I just fumbled around :sweat_smile:, heā€™s got some serious skill on the fretboard, impressed!:guitar::+1:

Great to catch up, mate! I need to get across the ditch and enjoy some of this prefect climate and waves more often! :ocean::surfing_man::desert_island::sunny:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s just the best.

3 Likes

Awesome! Rare sight indeed to see 2 community members hang out in the real world. JKs the real winner here though cause he got to see an even rarer sight up close, @nzmetal jamming on an acoustic!

3 Likes

Hi Jeff and JK,
How incredibly fun :sunglasses: :partying_face:, great that you did this, I look at the beautiful photos with appropriate jealousy, not least because of the weather/surroundings :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Great and have funā€¦
Greetingsā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome :star_struck:. Great that you met up. You donā€™t have this chance every day :grinning:.
Thanks for the pics. It seems, you two really had a great time together :smiley:.
JK next time in NZ? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so good to see. Itā€™s heartwarming how two ā€˜strangersā€™ find each other by sharing the same interest. Wish I could do that some day. Preferably in sunny Australia or NZ. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great stuff guys guessing you had a great time picking up ideas off each other!
Jeff, whatā€™s thisā€¦. an Acoustic? Shame on you :joy::joy::joy:
Honestly itā€™s really great to see this kinda thing taking place, just emphasises what a great community we have!

3 Likes

Heading to Australia, they call it ā€œflight of the kiwiā€ :rofl:. Yeah itā€™s hard not to love this weather in autumn, best time of year around here. Was awesome to catch up.

If I was smart about it I would have brought a tripod along so we could record this sight rarely seen in the wild. He didnā€™t even bring is Rod Stewart hair either! I think Rod was using it, as apparently he just performed in Jeffā€™s hometownā€¦ or was that Jeff in disguise, hmmā€¦

I would think itā€™s pretty rare on here, with the regulars spread all around the world.

I would say though, if anyone has the chance to meet a community regular, go for it. Heaps of fun.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::see_no_evil:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yeah I was a little out of my comfort zone! :sweat_smile:
Great fun though and encourages me to pull my acoustic out a bit more oftenā€¦ Maybe :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

That is so cool, thanks for sharing and posting pictures! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s such a great happening! So cool you guys got to met up in the real world.
Be seeing you next Saturday at the OM
Cheers
Ruaridh

2 Likes

Sounds like great fun, nice to get to meet up live!

2 Likes

This is simply awesome.
And you guys can pass as brothers!
Great story, and keep playing!!!

2 Likes

Great stuff. My wife (a Kiwi) and I have been to Dunedin, itā€™s a great city with an energetic vibe. Rock on!

2 Likes

Such a lovely weather I am so envious (although here in the UK the warm side of spring is finally showing up)! And such a friendly nice faces on the pics, shame there isnā€™t a video of you two jamming something out! Great share made my evening, all the best chaps and see you next week at the virtual OM!

2 Likes

Amazing! Sounds like fun. Iā€™m jealous! :laughing:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so cool! Sounds like you guys had a great day! :smiley:

2 Likes

Man really glad you guys manage to get together, after all the OM mail chat. These kind of comments remind me how big Australia is and how remote NZ is at the bottom of the world.
Great photos and a couple of cool dudes. See you both Saturday !!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

:joy:ā€¦Yes thatā€™s how ā€œweā€ look at itā€¦ I think ā€œthemā€ see it a little differently :rofl:
Greetings and have a beautiful day ā€¦ here a 2nd beautiful garden day ā€¦ not as beautiful as the bottom of the globe :grin: ā€¦ but still :sunglasses: :sun_with_face: :butterfly: :honeybee:

3 Likes