Just learning, excited to be here

My name is Jason from Salt Lake City, Utah. And after carrying my son’s gear for years, they both play guitar, I decided to learn for myself. I’m 52 and worry I’m a little late but have truly enjoyed it so far.

12 Likes

Never too late. I started at 67. Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Welcome Jason :wave:

1 Like

Hi Jason.
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
And it may sound cheesy, but the best time for you to start playing the guitar was the day you picked up the guitar for yourself. :sunglasses:
I also wish you a style learning curve :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome. They say the best time to start is when you are 10, the second best time is now.
Enjoy the journey
Paul

4 Likes

Hi Jason, welcome to the community! Don’t worry about starting late, there’s a lot of members who started late in their lifes, me included! Enjoy the learning process, it’s so rewarding!
Maybe you want to introduce yourself here:
Older guitar students - can ‘old dogs’ learn new tricks?

2 Likes

Hello Jason and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Ha, well hopefully now they will be carrying yours. You’re never to old.

1 Like

Hi Jason, Welcome. I had the same thoughts but not matter when you pick it up as long as you want to that’s all that matters :slight_smile:
Enjoy
A

1 Like

Welcome to the group, haha, 52, late, hahaha , :wave:

Have Fun.

R.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Jason

1 Like

Jason…a bit late!!! Nonsense…I started at 62…unless you have significant physical issues, don’t let age stop you…I bet you have everything it takes to get good! Keep at it, don’t give up, work at it…have fun…and keep learning!!!

1 Like

Hello Jason :grinning:

A very warm welcome to the forum!

Great that you’ve picked up a guitar yourself. Your sons will love to have a new jam buddy soon.
You’ve found the perfect place here to make your plans come true. The course is very comprehensive, the lessons and song tutorials are great and very motivating and Justin is an awesome teacher.

Have lots of fun and success on your musical journey and wonderful jam sessions with your sons :grinning: :guitar:

Cheers from Germany
Gunhild :lady_beetle:

1 Like

Hello Jason! Yet an other late starter here, welcome to the club :wave: :smiley:
Utah is high on my travel destination list, I have friends and colleagues there.
Wishing you lots of fun with both your guitar journey, as well as here in the forum!
Franz

1 Like

Welcome Jason, always glad to see another youngster join the community :wink:

1 Like

You’re a mere youngster, I started in January and I’m already 64. Welcome!

1 Like

Hi Jason, welcome. With enough practice time and persistence you’ll be playing songs in at at least a basic way soon. It may take some more time than when you were younger (not necessarily), but the reward is the same, being able to play music. Have fun.

1 Like

HI Jason, welcome to the community. Now is definitely a good time to learn guitar. I’m 68 and while I wish I had started sooner, I’m glad to be learning to play guitar with Justin Guitar and having fun. Have fun in your guitar journey.

1 Like