Killing Me Softly - old and new video with hopeful improvement

More than pleasant to listen to Steve!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@LievenDV Thanks. I am focusing more on improving my guitar playing than my voice, but it would appear that guitar supported ballads will be my forte. I had 3 years of classical vocal training at the college or university level in the 1970s and one summer sang in a university choir that spent 3 weeks giving concerts at locations in London, Paris, Avignon, Geneva, Luxembourg and Amsterdam. Sorry we just passed through Belgium. This was in 1977 and I remember the police car of choice in Belgium was a Fiat. Interesting side note, I also had a chance to stand on the streets of London and watch the Silver Jubilee processional.

Finally, I did sing Frank Sinatra’s New York, New York in my one and only Karaoke concert in a large lounge on a ferry ship on the long 14 hour crossing from Maine, US to Nova Scotia. I also sang James Taylor’s Fire and Rain and hopefully I can give a convincing performance of one of James Taylors songs in the future.

Aha, looks like I’ve spotted there is more where that came from! :smiley:
Love to hear more in the future!

1 Like

Wow! I enjoyed reading your story throughput this feed. No reason to downplay your vocals. They are great. Your skills enhanced from 1st to 2nd videos. You sat up straighter and sang louder; you added accents, percussive hits and varied strumming patterns. Neat to show the two versions. Well done!

1 Like

@pkboo3 Thanks for your glowing praise. With your comments and others that have commented here, I feel like I am on the right track with my progress.

I read through some of your Learning Log, since I am still curious as to what people put into them. I had to look up what a Road Case was, since I had not seen that in the Classic Beginner Course. I had not participated in the JG forum or other online opportunities in my first go round with playing all the songs in the Beginner Book. I now know that was a big mistake and caused me to rush too quickly through the songs and then I got frustrated when starting the Intermediate lessons. Seeing what you have experienced in your guitar journey shows me some things I have missed out on. I am inspired to start my own guitar studies log. So thanks.

Wow that was fanatic Steve one can clearly see how well your first journey has progressed over last few years, keep up the good work!

1 Like

@adi_mrok Thanks so much. It is great to get such positive comments from other guitarists in the JG community. I feel motivated to try to stretch a little more on the next video and see what is possible (when I am ready). I am just starting Grade 3.

1 Like

You’re welcome, Steve. So glad you were inspired by comments on this thread. It’s a great place for support. I’m looking forward to more from you. You are doing very well in your learning. Keep them coming.

1 Like

That was great Stephen. It was nice to be able to compare the two videos and it’s good to see the progression you have made. It’s amazing how much that palm muting added to the song.

1 Like