Legato Pentatonics short video for feedback

More that doing it with a metronome and slowly ramping up the speed makes it smoother. Smoother makes it quicker.

I do sense some frustration from you Stuart, some things are easier or harder for different people unfortunately.

Lots of frustration:-)

Hit yet another plateau which has been going on months. Stuck somewhere halfway through Grade 2, with the latest issues being PFC’s from F, and the Open 7th chords. Can play F barre but can’t change to other chords quckly enough. Keep going back to these but not progressing much further. I know what the answer but have family isues (aged parents) that are taking my time up at the moment. Playing guitar is well down the list of priorities.

Your legato video was just a distrattion which showed another weakness of mine, together with the fact you have been doing this half the time I have!!

1 Like

Plateaus are frustrating. Sounds like you know why though - priorities and time with your parents. Hopefully you make a breakthrough soon.

On the other thing, you know what they say, comparison is the thief of joy.

You are beyond where I am up to JK but I thought your two video’s were good. Nice to see you keeping those fingers quite close the the strings. That’s one I’m still working on doing at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan!

To my ear the exercise is well done :slight_smile:. You have extra points for Ernie Ball strap!

1 Like