tRONd - February 2022 - 1st video ever - Losing my religion (REM) + Society (Eddie Vedder) šŸ˜³

Hi Richard!
Much appreciated feedback. I have started the work with my thumb placement as adi suggested, and that was harder than i thought. Yep. I do know i struggle with the rythm, i havent quite sorted out how to play 4/4 fingerstyle yet. So i will try to work with it in the direction you said. Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

That was awesome - thanks for sharing! Really enjoyed listening to it with a smile and looking forward to hearing more! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Trond, so good! Playing and singing at that level in 12 months. Great. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s time for me to give up! Your performance was enhance for me by the fact it looked like you were really into the performance and feeling it yourself. Made me get it even more.

1 Like

Amazing. Youā€™re an inspiration.

1 Like

Think about 4/4 finger style the same as it would be strumming ( it is exactly the same) so 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & ā€¦ every one of those is a point at which you will pluck the string

1 Like

Donā€™t you dare give up! The only good reason for quitting is because you truly donā€™t like playing guitar. And often we stop enjoying things because of those nasty little voices in our heads that say what we should and shouldnā€™t do. I find Justinā€™s lessons and this group to be very helpful for running those imaginary naysayers off.

Iā€™m so happy to be a part of this community. Itā€™s very inspiring to hear from people who learn at all levels and paces. You are an important part of the community too. Just stay involved, and try to keep it fun.

3 Likes

That is fantastic! Iā€™m only a few weeks into learning but if I can play 1/2 that well after a year Iā€™ll be thrilled. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks :pray: just keep at it and practice. And You will do great!

Trond Iā€™m so glad you didnā€™t let your fear stop you from sharing your music. Well done, it takes courage. I donā€™t have anything to add to the suggestions made by others, but I do want to encourage you to keep making music, because your music is good.

1 Like

Hi,
Nice finger work and you sound solid and pretty good. Good job and keep up the good work!

Keep rockā€™n!
LB

1 Like

@Willsie01

Heck no, John ā€¦ your playing and singing is far too enjoyable for that!

See you at the OM!

1 Like

Wow ā€¦one year too ā€¦I.m 1 year 2.5 months ā€¦ not in your league! One day Rodders ā€¦

1 Like

You have seriously only played for a year? Wow! That was amazing! Heck, buy another guitar! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi :grin:
Yes. Started playing the first week of january last year.
And to be fair, i have played and practiced a lot in that year.
Probably 2 hours in average everyday.
I dont have a good rythm and i struggle with sounding good while strumming.
I guess it tends to sound a bit more impressive with fingerstyle than it really is.
But i really appreciate your feedback! Thanks :pray:

1 Like

Oh my goshā€¦ I canā€™t even begin to tell you how beautiful this was. It reminds me of when the artist just strips everything down and does it acoustically. I like your accent too! Great work. You play far better than I did within one year! you should be proud of yourself!

Some parts of the singing seemed a bit rushed in the chorus, but I loved it because it felt very freeing and expressive. As a fingerpicker, Iā€™d be weary about anchoring your pinky finger all the time. Itā€™s kind of a bad habit to get into. Iā€™m classically trained and it IS a hard habit to break, but as you continue on to get different sounds and tones from where you play over the soundhole, youā€™re going to want that freedom to move your picking hand.
Great work!

1 Like

I laughed both at your comment and your screen name haha!

2 Likes

@tRONd i thought your cover of this was hauntingly beautiful. Truly.

I do agree with a couple of comments on timing, and my thought on sorting that out is to play along with the original. There are all sorts of apps that can slow down a song and / or change the key, so you can take the original song and play along with it in the key you want (not sure if youā€™re in the original key or not), and the speed you want.

Keep on playing!

1 Like

Hi @JakAngelescu :grin: thank you so much for your feedback and the tip about finger anchoring. I have tried to let go of the anchor a bit this morning this morning. And yes. That is clearly a habit that is very difficult to get rid of. So that is my main focus along with my thumb placement for now. And by the looks of it that is going to be a loooong focusā€‹:rofl:
But againā€¦ really appreciate your feedback. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi @mari :grin: really appreciate all the kind words and feedback.
Im a aware of my timing and its something i will try to have more focus on. I find it real hard to time in the 4/4 when singing the words. I find it a bit easier to stay in rythm when strumming a bar. Much harder to fingerpluck and countā€¦ but i guess it sorts itself out with the proper training. HopefullyšŸ˜

Thanks again for your feedback!

1 Like

Thanks @JakAngelescu . It is the name I used for a youtube channel to document my learning (ergo clueless) to build the guitars I spend so much $$$ on.

1 Like