Mad world - Chord Progression (Consolidation song 3/5)

Consolidation song number 3! I found this song harder to play slowly than fast. I found really good vocals only on youtube and was going to play the whole song with that but figured since I did just the chord progressions for my other consolidation songs I’d do just that here. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.
EDIT: Youtube seems to have cut my playing off for some reason. It’s close to the end of what I recorded anyway but it just doesn’t end naturally without what they cut off. I end on a long Em in the original recording.

9 Likes

Doing well, Alexis, that sounded clean and steady. Keep laying that solid foundation.

1 Like

Thanks David!
These last weeks of consolidating have been extremely valuable. Hoping I’ve laid enough foundation to be successful in Grade 2.

1 Like

Sounds good to me Alexis, yes slower pieces can often prove to be more difficult, not what you would think :grin:
Keep it up, you’re coming along quite well!

1 Like

Very nice playing Alexis. Your strumming is dynamic, your posture and strumming arm action look good.

1 Like

Nice steady rhythm and clean chord changes, good stuff.

1 Like

Sounded good to me Alex…nice and steady playing. In Justins original song book he used the chords Em, G, D and A for the verses and Em, A for the pre chorus (“and I find it kind of funny” part)…that wa with a capo on 1…apparently to play along with the original you capo 2.

1 Like

I’ve had a new appreciation for Tears for Fears lately. This song definitely sounds better played slow. The original recorded version was just too fast.

This should be a great one to learn to sing with too.

Sounds great, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Nice!
What is the BPM on which your playing?

1 Like

Didn’t set a specific BPM for this one since I was playing by myself. I just made sure I tapped my foot to stay consistent. I was going for the slower Gary Jules version of the song. I think I was a little faster than even that one.