Madman's Diaries OM12 Footnotes - The Ballad Of Hollis Brown Final Dry Run

Nooop only one way to play that song. :sunglasses:

Appreciate you taking a listen Roger but you really should not be reading when you are driving. Add me to the equation and its bound to end in disaster ! As to my daughter, she normally vets the OM entries for balance and generally signs off when Iā€™ve got it right. Having listened to all three again, I think we both might have been wrong, as my ancient Encore seems to have a little something extra.

The drums were a little decadent and I donā€™t think Mr Zimmerman would have approved but hey didnā€™t he sell off his catalogue anyway :rofl:

Thx for the kind words.

:sunglasses:

Eddie you are too kind sir ! This one feels like a marathon but at least the lyrics keeps it interesting and stops you nodding off :rofl:

1 Like

Toby.
Iā€™ve only seen vid 1 above, followed by the OM performance.
What a surprise and a treat. This song is killer, a young Dylan bending the folk tradition to his own ends in excoriating form.
Your form wasnā€™t too shabby either.

• :sunglasses:*
1 Like

Hey Tobe: Great effort. RG

1 Like

Hey Toby that was super cool! Great playing and vocals tooā€¦ my personal taste, I enjoyed most the version without drums, the guitar playing sounded really good on its own :blush::blush::blush:

And thank you for your long tale and moral:

:heart:

1 Like

Missed the last few comments folks so thank you for listening.

@Richard_close2u I can assure you one video is enough, this may have been the straw that broke the camels back or at least over spilled its storage oasis ! A pleasure to both treat and surprise you sir, yes not my usual java but a dark strong cup worthy of more frequent visits. But jeepers is this a long hard slog. A great song but a classic Dylan dirge but an epic era between 63 & 65. A few on my list of ā€œnot well known Zimmermanā€™s to coverā€ so I may return for some more shabbiness ! :sunglasses:

@onemanband Thanks for listening Ron, appreciate it ! :sunglasses:

@SILVIA Silvia given the years I spent going around in circles before finally finding a path I could follow, giving up was never on the agenda. But like my stories, it always take time to get to the punch line ! Glad you like this classic but not so well known song. The percussive experiment was just that, an experiment and Iā€™m glad technology let me down and I stuck to the original for the Open Mic. Dreams are sometimes all we have but when they become reality ? The worlds a better place. Keep doing what you are doing and all will be well. :sunglasses:

1 Like