Madman's Diaries OM17 Footnotes - MMS Presents more Simplified Skynyrd

@oldhead49 Thank you Dave and yes definitely stripped to the bone. Check out the original The Ballad of Curtis Leow, it was from the 74 Second Helping LP and a heck of a lot going on that I could not do solo. In fact same goes with All I Can do, so I’ll drop them both here.

Late to the party here Toby, but I really enjoyed both your versions. Great playing and vocals to go along with it. Nicely done all-round.

1 Like

Thanks for the listen Sandro, I appreciate the feedback.
:sunglasses:

Toby, wow! It’s been a while since I’ve seen your AVOYP, and the progress is very easy to hear. I enjoyed listening to these new recordings very much. :slight_smile:

All the effort you’ve been putting in is showing. :slight_smile: Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words Kamil. I do see these as pretty much bread and butter recording these days, compared to the other stuff I have been working on. Hopefully I’ll get to record that soon and share.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby,

Hope the OM went well.

I think your stripped down versions work very well. MTV Unplugged is on the horizon.
All I Can Do edged it for me, but both sounded very good.
The vocals carried both songs brilliantly.

Digger

1 Like

Thanks Digger, does Unplugged still exist ? Not had MTV in over a decade :rofl:
Appreciate the comments and feedback sir.

If only you knew ! I had a closed throat coughing fit and started choking as I started the first song and the audience thought I’d found a new raspy vocal style and were loving it. In the meantime I was fighting to breath :rofl: What did Dennis Norden used to say !!

Always late to the party but Toby they were two wonderful versions of the songs. I love how you just stripe them back and then sing and play from your heart. It’s your style and you own it.

Just as an aside, if you bought yourself a 12 string it might sound like 2 guitars. :wink:

1 Like

Appreciate the listen Stefan. The originals are way too layered to do on your own, so I’ll keep taking this route. Assuming the vocals hold, it means I can belt out some songs for yesteryear and have a bit of fun. Thx :sunglasses:

BTW as the boys said