Madman's Mini Diary OM 8 Dry Runs

It was the midi based BT for Amazing messing with my head, so I went off to Karaoke.Co.Uk this morning and compiling video melange at the moment. But did wimp and did Vox and Gtr separate. If I can get the vids merge it will be out later.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Not a ‘wimp’ IMHO. I’d say for an OM, play and sing is the way, but for a multi-track like this, I’d advocate recording the parts separately, even if you can record vox and guitar separately without bleed.

1 Like

Well done as always, sir! I think messing around with OBS or anything else is a good idea when dealing with zoom. Having futzed around with zoom sound, I’m not all that stoked about it, to be honest. The forum OMs are for demonstration/participation purposes for the most part. I try not to get too carried away with tone shaping for these to be honest. Playing better is the answer to every question for me.

Zoom and youtube in combination, not really knowing what the heck they are actually doing to our tone and volume levels, just seems rather hit and miss. I’m kind of over with futzing around with these “apps” and intend to focus a lot more on better live playing and tone. When I record, all I want is to capture the sound/tone I get from my tube amp and FX in my little room.

Thanks for listening Clint.

I’d have to agree with your sentiments, I am sure there is some audio degradation somewhere along the line. I’d done so much chopping and changing leading up to the OM, I can’t remember if these were recorded in OBS or Zoom. I am sure it was the former. To keep things simple for now I am taking the video feed from OBS and sending audio direct from AI to Zoom for the actual shows. This seems to be the more stable and reliable set up but the DB levels vary considerably once the videos get onto YouTube. I don’t know what’s going on but if I get a test recording in Zoom with a half decent sound, I am good to go. If you see the split screen version recorded earlier this week (Madman’s New Diaries) that was Reaper into OBS and definitely less degradation. As @LBro said here or in the other post, at a live show you’d have a sound guy tweaking and fettling at the venue. We can only tweak so much pre-show then just go for it. It would be good to see you make a return OM wise my friend. Please consider it ?

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I will jump over and pencil myself in. Thanks!

Top man, that’s it give me more work to do. :rofl:

1 Like