tRONd - January 2023 - Madrugada - Vocal

Hi everyone! Its been a while im afraid. Lots of things been going on for the last 6 months, so guitar has been put on hold for far too long.
As some of you can see, i have new guitar locations. It is the worlds smallest man cave, witch my wife has stuffed all our garden furniture into during the winter :rofl: but it works allright for a little bit of guitar playing.
Some also might see that there is not the same guitar either. I got so much shoulder issues with my dreadnaught. So i had to take a long break. So a friend of mine told me maybe i should try a smaller one. And yes. Much better for my shoulders… but i really miss my dreadnaught though :smiling_face_with_tear:

Anyways… a lot of water under the bridge since my last contribution… this one is a quick take with my new guitar. Still trying to get used to it.

Its an absolute classic from Norway from a band called Madrugada. They are huge here, and i would bet a lot of money that if they were from uk of us they would be a massive band filling stadiums… but sadly they do not have the status they deserve outside Norway…

Im 100% sure that a lot of you will really love this band. Check them out :wink:

Its a song about depression, and is called Vocal.

18 Likes

Really nice Trond

1 Like

I love checking out new music and you definitely didn’t disappoint with this Trond. Really good performance and love your voice. Super job!

1 Like

Great playing all together! You and your new guitar buddy make a great team! Especially love your dynamics in guitar playing and your great singing. Indeed this songs as such as you said is also great and deserves to be heard much more.

1 Like

will check that band out…nice rendition Trond!
regarding your shoulder…have you tried maybe the classical guitar way of playing (guitar between legs…and a little leg riser). Or maybe standing up? Or maybe it was the size of your dreadnought.
BTW, you say “witch my wife”…she better not read this or else not even that small man cave you will have left :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Enjoying this recording.
Thank you.

1 Like

Trond is back! Hi, nice to see and hear you again, you haven’t unlearned anything. Smooth and gentle as your former performances. I like your playing and your voice fits the song perfectly. I can’t compare to the original recording, not necessary, because yours is excellent. Sorry to hear about your shoulder problems, hope you could fix them with the smaller body size of the guitar. I like the sound of your new guitar very much, what size is it? Which model? I envy you to be able to strum with the thumb, doesn’t work for me, as my playing gets so quiet, nobody would hear it. Greetings!

1 Like

Very powerful singing and playing Trond, the disturbing nature of the lyrics really comes across in your performance.

1 Like

Hi @Helen0609 ! And thanks for listening :grin: it is a Taylor GS mini one of those scaled down guitars with smaller body and shorter neck. It is quite ok sound and playabillity on it.
Yep. Thumb strumming makes a bit lower sound than plectrum but it is possible to do so have a go at it :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for listening @ReneAsologuitar :pray:

Thanks for listening @hipiboy :pray: i have shoulder issues from other things. Playing guitar is not the best thing for my shoulder. It is the size of the dread that is the problem unfortunatly. I also get pain with smaller guitars but not so much as the bigger ones.
And yes… hope my wife dont see it :rofl:

Thanks for listening @twistor59 :pray:

Thanks for listening @andyPlays and thanks for your feedback :pray:

1 Like

Thanks @Eddie_09 :pray:

Thanks @liaty for listening :pray:

Hi Trond,
Great performance, I enjoyed it very much :sunglasses: :clap: … you already indicated that you had not yet practiced it to perfection and the occasional slight hesitation towards a transition was noticeable ,…but without that it is it is definitely worthy of a large live audience… :sunglasses:
It’s nice to hear you again :sunglasses:
Greeting…

1 Like

Hi @roger_holland nice to «see you» again :grin:
You doing allright?
Yep. You are absolutly correct. Its a much smaller neck with less space between the frets and strings that i need to get used to. Easier said than done… the Bm is a disaster on this sized neck :rofl:

1 Like

Hi
Life has been good for us lately,but I expected to be able to play a little more on the guitar than where I am now,(still not singing :smiling_face:) but no rush the goal with playing guitar is relaxation and funny that you have to get used to the smaller space because it usually goes a bit easier instead of the other way around,with your little thin fingers! :roll_eyes: :joy:
well play a lot for a few weeks and you’re completely used to it :sunglasses:
Greetings,

Glad to hear @roger_holland :grin:
Yeah. Exactly… small tiny fingers :rofl::rofl::rofl:
On the guitar Its all about fun and relaxation Rogier… everything else does not matter at all…

Nice hearing from you again buddy :grin:

1 Like

What a beautiful song Trond and really well played and sung. You filled your new man cave with emotion.
Your new guitar sounds great. Clearly all the piled up garden furniture adds something to the acoustics of the room. :smile: