Hi I'm Mark from UK (Essex / Suffolk)

Hello I’m Mark from Essex / Suffolk borders UK. Found Justin’s guitar when looking for guitar lessons a d fun the way goes through the lessons very helpful. Played classical when I was 8 but became a lapsed guitarist for to many years with the guitar sitting in a case coming out every now and then for a stum. Need to reignite the guitar passion. Also very bad at social media… Communities… So if this goes wrong someone please point me in the right directiong

15 Likes

Hi Mark,
Welcome here and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:…if you can’t figure it out ask because there is always someone who can help you get started easily and quickly :smiley:…except for a question which guitar/gear to buy without a clear demands because then you will be buried under well-intentioned advice from us “addicts” but you are on a guitar forum, so you can expect that :blush:
Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Hello Mark and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Plenty of help to be had around here and not just with guitar stuff.

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

Welcome glad you picked it up again and don’t worry about the social media I am in the same boat :rofl: People here are all very helpful.
A

2 Likes

Welcome Mark, nice to meet you (from another Mark!!). Stick to Justin’s course and no doubt the passion will get you pretty quick, you’ll be playing songs in no time. Plenty of support available here as and when you need it so stick around and have alot of fun! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Mark, welcome to this community. This is a nice place, and there are some really able and kind persons moderating who make sure that you will have a very smooth entry in here, irrespective where you are in your guitar journey. If you want to get going a little quicker, tell a little more about the music you like, the gear you have and the goals that you have set for yourself, so you can connect to those here that are most relevant to you.

2 Likes

Tanks took me ages just to find out how to post :slightly :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks. So far haven’t wanted to stop playing, but fingers said enough. But they will get hardened up. I hope

1 Like

You can count on that, give it a handful of weeks for that to happen and in the meantime don’t overdo it, as much as you’ll want to! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quite an acclectic taste in music, but looking to play learn blues/ blues rock. Own a Tokai tsg60 since about 1986. The goal is to learn to make it sing instead of just mumble

Likewise I was never sure I was posting in the right place :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Welcome Mark, so nice to have you :hugs:.

Regarding the finger pain - I promise you, this will get over. Your fingertips just need time to adjust to their new usage :wink:.

I wish you a wonderful guitar journey :smiley:.

2 Likes

Hello Mark… Welcome to the community

2 Likes

Welcome……There’s also a very useful and helpful FB page ……

MOD EDIT

The Class of 2023 Facebook page is a private group and closed now so there is little use following this link I’m afraid. It is part of a trial scheme for new JustinGuitar students. It is running and going well but the group itself is not taking in any new students. There may be a class of 2024 when the doors to a new group will open.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mark

2 Likes

Hello welcome.
This is my 1st social media, community that that I have done. Y
You will figure it out. Play around. A lot of great info to help you here.
Cheers good luck

Ps do the tutorials when they come up. I think inge Badges section of community

2 Likes

Hi Mark, welcome. Good you found Justin Guitar. Just find a time slot you can regularly practice. Regular short practice works better than long sporadic practice. Have fun.

2 Likes

Hey Mark, welcome aboard. Great you’ve got back into your guitar playing. Keep up the good work, you’re amongst friends here.

2 Likes

Hey Mark, welcome to the community. It’s all about support and encouragement here, we’ve all been through the learning process and know how much fun the guitar can be and how frustrating as well. We are all keen to help you progress.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Macraf!!!
Have fun.

2 Likes