Michael’s Learning Log

Hi Michael, this is a great update to read. I’m somehow following your journey through your AVOYP and posts so while reading I’ve been nodding at what you wrote. Only 2 years in - and you’re doing great and working on different things and above all you’re enjoying your journey and are happy with yourself which is the main thing and a very fruitfull attitude. I wish you a 2024 full of fun and “work” and progress such as this one you’ve been writing about!

1 Like

Jeff @Jeff

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

You are right you sometimes forget where you have come from, I see posts about people trouble playing A D and E chords and here am I going through A shaped barre chords, I was like them at one time. Yes, I know A shaped barre chords are in Grade 5 and I am only in Grade 3, but I needed B and Bm chords for a song.

Silva @SILVIA

I appreciate you following my progress, I think that is the nice thing about the community you can see how people are progressing and like you I keep up to date with others.
I know at times I think to myself I am trying to do too many things, I sort of had that in my working life, so it does faze me.

Michael

2 Likes

Roger @roger_holland

You asked a while ago

So here is the photo of the two of us taken at last nights guitar club. I’m in the blue shirt if you are wondering.

Michael
CC @MichaelBrabs

4 Likes

I’m just catching up on this thread but have to say it seems pretty bloomin’ good after a couple of years, nice work.

I have no idea when my 2 year anniversary would be, I’ve started, stopped, re-started, paused, resumed etc so many times that it’s impossible to say! Realistically since I started with Justin’s lessons in Sept 2022, minus a sizeable chunk in the middle of last year when I didn’t play for various reasons (health and time mostly) I’m probably nearly a year in

1 Like

No :joy: …But for those who are reading along it can be handy :smile: …I’ll pick you out of thousands :smiley:
and also to @MichaelBrabs ,how nice you are doing this all together :sunglasses:
Greetings

2 Likes

Matthew @mattswain
Must confess the last two years have passed very quickly, definitely making up for lost time. Having said that at the guitar club last night we each had to say a bit about ourselves to those new to the club. Had one of those moments when I had to think hard, how long have I been playing.
Michael

2 Likes