Module 4 Practice

what mod are you in? the practice assistant tells you, whatever chords have been covered so far. the ones you had the most trouble with do again and again. i just practice all of them.

1 Like

I tend to take long breaks between modules. Often a few months. Gives me a chance to practise what I have learnt. I also set aside weeks where I don’t bother doing any of the practise exercises and just play songs.

1 Like

It is just me or in the “Module 4 Practice”, in the song sections, the first song is right off the bat too fast?

Changing from Em to Dm at that speed feels impossible.

1 Like

I’m getting close to the end of grade 2 and have come across MAYBE one song with D minor in it. Not saying you shouldn’t practice it, but it may be better to just wait until it comes up in a song you really like and want to learn.

@JMDOG Hello and welcome to the community. Which song are you referring to?

I am referring to Grade 1 Module 4 Practice. The last video has the Routine which we can set as active. In that routine, after the first 10 minutes of practice and strumming, comes rhe song section. I am talking about that.

Give it a week and your mindset may change to - oh, this is possible. People who’ve heard me play the guitar oke songs for the 1st time marvel at how quickly progress can be after a week or 2. I spent 1hr a day at that stage.

Arctic Monkeys - 505
Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus
Edwyn Collins - (I’ve Never Met) A Girl Like You

I hope that helps.

1 Like

I’m SO GLAD I found this thread, because I was finding myself in a similar headspace. Doing great on my one minute changes, but I felt like I needed to master at least ONE song before moving on. Tried playing 505, kept screwing up, and got discouraged. But this thread helped me realize that I don’t have to “master” anything this early on. It’ll all come together as it comes together.

It was very comforting to read all of these replies. I think I’m ready to jump into Module 5 after all!

1 Like