Module 8 Practice video has no sound

Works fine for me.

Suggest you report the problem in the 'Website Functionality" topic (which I tried to link to, but it didn’t work for reasons I don’t understand)

A quick Search should find it.

1 Like

It seems there is a mix of us. I will report it, thanks for the suggestion. Also, for what it’s worth I’m trying to play the video using an iPad, which worked for every other video on the website so far, but not this one. Not sure if playing on a computer would make any difference.

1 Like

I think we’ve had this happen occasionally in the past…maybe permission related. It should be resolved if you report it .

1 Like

Same. No sound at all. Other videos are fine.

Firefox I can play the video and get no sound.~

Chrome I get:

Sorry

Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

Doesn’t appear to have any issues, links or sound wise. ! I guess it must be your privacy setting at issue.

R.

We are not talking about the videos. The videos on the grade 2/youtube work fine. We are talking about the practice assistant in the song section - L8 Songs using Stuck 3 & 4 chords! . The video plays, but there is no sound.

Same, no sound in Practice Assistance Item “L8 Songs using Stuck 3 & 4 chords!” video.

1 Like

Is anyone going to help us and fix the issue?

I am on Windows using Chrome and it works okay.
I take it you mean this video?

No. We mean the SONG PRACTICE. The “L8 Songs using Stuck 3 & 4 chords!” (I think is the last video on the practice session". The one were there is a backing track/songs and the notes you are supposed to follow.

This one:

Firefox I can play the video and get no sound.

Chrome I get:

Sorry

Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here.

Okay.
I also get video play with no sound.
I am unsure of the reason.
I will report it to the team.

ps
I can only apologise that the issue reported has not yet been addressed. However, it was raised and discussed within a long lesson specific discussion topic and not seen. In future, if you have any issues of things needing a fix, not working, broken links, please find the correct section within the Community and tag one of the moderators … me or @DavidP or @LievenDV

1 Like

Ok, thanks . No problem. I used the “contact form” and also raised the issue there, because I could not find the “report section” of the website.

1 Like

Thanks - a contact form report should have reached Laryne - I am sending an email alert on this now.

1 Like

@CBildiren @murzikizrum @JMDOG @shikushi

I have just had a remembrance and did some Community topic searching.

This issue has been raised and reported on previous occasions.
I am going to merge all topics.
For some reason no fix has been applied.
@larynejg Tagging you also for reference.

4 Likes

Hi, the sound for Module 8, Beginner - Grade 2 is missing on the 10 min. song video which is for the stuck 3 & 4 chords and has “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn”, Wonderwall, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this? It is not my computer as I have sound for everything else.

Hi Maya, So if you look at the history, I reported this back in 2021. I just clicked on the link and I’m still not getting any thing either. Just the video playing. I am using Fire fox as my internet search… wondering if we tried something different like Chrome or Safari? I saw someone mentioned it worked for them. Let me know if that helps… but meanwhile I would fill out the form to report the problem. Sorry its not working i think it would be a very cool practice thing if it only worked.

Hi maya,

Check the answer before your reply:

"have just had a remembrance and did some Community topic searching.

This issue has been raised and reported on previous occasions.
I am going to merge all topics.
For some reason no fix has been applied.
@larynejg Tagging you also for reference."

This is a known issue ( known for years apparently) and still has no fix. There is no point in trying other browsers etc. The video really has no sound.

Ok great thanks for the update. Good to know it just has no sound at this point. It would great when it gets fixed.

1 Like