Motivation Club #8 with Lieven | Electric Guitar Essentials

My daughter asked me recently “Dad, why so many guitars? I mean you can only play one at a time!” My response was that sometimes I want to play a Strat, sometimes a Tele… sometimes a semi-hollow & other times a hollow body. Then there’s those times I want to really rock out so the Les paul comes out! Oh, slide guitar on the resonator, Wish You Were Here on the 12 string, Classical on the nylon string… have to keep a couple more at work for when I have a little downtime…
She’s like “ok, ok I get it!!! But… Why, if you already have all the bases covered do you still keep looking at them online?”
Well, I don’t have a Fender Jazzmaster, a Danelectro electric 12 string with their lipstick pickups, etc… I could keep going… I guess it comes down to the fact that they each inspire & motivate me to learn & play!!! That’s what it comes down to, right? Inspiration and Motivation!!! Thankfully, my wife is very understanding about my obsession… only she doesn’t know yet that I’m getting ready to dive down the AI, DAW & recording rabbit hole!!! :hole::rofl:

Tod

2 Likes

I just re-read my last post…

I said “all the bases covered”………

Just realized something………

I DON’T HAVE ANY BASSES!!!
NONE of the BASSES are covered!!!

What was that bass Sir Paul played? The violin shaped one… a Hohner maybe or was it a Hofner……??? Might have to check into this……. Is there a “Justin” for playing Bass???

So many questions… so many things to explore… so little $$$ in my wallet… :flushed::disappointed_relieved:

Tod

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=paul%20mccartney%20gets%20his%20bass%20back&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:d2363091,vid:4oGtHQQ5rsY,st:0

1 Like

Thanks Gordon!
That’s a great story!!! :guitar::smile:

Tod

1 Like