My gear for mono voice over now serves this world

They are, Iā€™ll post a picture of my sound room shortly. I need a mic stand that grips to the desk to hold my webcam and then I think Iā€™m ready to clean up cables and go with this setup for awhile. Because of my voice over work the only thing I needed I didnā€™t have was another instrument cable and this desk mic stand for the webcam. Iā€™m sure those are not the last bits Iā€™ll get for where there this journey takes me! :grinning:

1 Like

@DavidP I think the problem is that its not a backing track, per se, but the audio from the JustinGuitar app. That means to have it as a backing track, @Rod58 would first have to record the output from the app into a file on the PC so it can be used as a backing track, which may be what you were suggesting.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with doing that, of course, other than the performance wouldnā€™t then be playing along with the app and some people might find that tricky.

But itā€™s definitely something I would recommend trying. In fact, I already recommended that approach (substitute Audacity for OBS in this case):

As you say, then the backing track, the guitar, and the vocals can all be on different tracks in OBS (or Audacity, or Reaper, or Ardourā€¦) and can be manipulated separately. This approach is, of course, more in line with traditional multi-track recording workflow and, IMO, itā€™s a workflow worth getting to know.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Probably in my future, but the challenge Iā€™m taking on now, surely never to master, is playing and singing and listening to the other instruments and doing a decent job. In short, Iā€™m trying to climb the ā€œperformanceā€ mountain. You guys have given me some great tools to do that now I have to put in the work! :grin::muscle:t2: Grateful to the community hereā€¦ā€¦ Rod

2 Likes

Keith, Iā€™m not sure how other people do it but have see people make a video with the app in an inset, so you can see the app screen, hear it playing, and add your own playing and singing. That was what I was talking about.

Thatā€™s the beauty of the Community, Rod, weā€™re all learning and sharing together. Have fun putting it altogether and continuing to work on your performance and recording. Youā€™re doing great.

1 Like