My way - F. Sinatra

Hi Silvia,

As a big fan of Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack I thoroughly enjoyed that recording. Your rhythm and strumming is coming on leaps and bounds. This is definitely one to commit to memory. Well done.

1 Like

I think one of the nicest aspects of the Community is that we actually end to know enough about eachother to sometimes become predictable! Thank you Nicole :blush:

@Jrock I’ m not sure I’m happier for the encouragement or for that “girl” :sunglasses::sparkling_heart::grin:

@saturno thank you Claudia, I really appreciate a lot your feedback, your words were a delight to my heart to read!

1 Like

That was wonderful Sylvia. This has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Jen has recommended tackling it, but I had trouble hearing it on guitar in my head. Not anymore. :sunglasses: Once again your enjoyment shines through.

1 Like

@DminorDame welcome to the Community DminorDame! I’m myself a minor chords’ fan! Thank you so much for your feedback, it means a lot! :blush:

@twistor59

I wasn’t able too, it takes (a lot of) practice :fearful:, to keep tapping your foot on the beat and move the forearm along. That’s why I want to re-work my fundamentals and get them as solid as I will be able to, a lot of practice is still needed, though. Thanks for listening and the feedback…it means so much!

@Mari63 thank you for your comment! The main pattern I’m using is D DU DU DU but I’m afraid my thumb strumming is so quiet that you almost can’t hear the ups :see_no_evil: On the chorus I tried to remove the up after beat 2 so it beomes D D DU DU, but when I couldn’t manage I thought it wiser to be content only with downstrums on the beat. Maybe these simple patterns will be of some interest to @TheCluelessLuthier too, once more thank you!!

A super quiet strumming is the only way to avoid to irritate my own ears. It’s actually as @kamkor says

Thanks Kamil for pointing that out, as it seems the major area I should work on now, as I mostly dislike the way my strumming sounds, I’m not unhappy with this though :blush:

1 Like

@Eddie_09 thank you Eddie, that means really a lot as I really enjoy the way you strum, the sound of it, and whenever you post is inspirational for me to try and improve!

@TRJ thank you so much for your kind words! I’m very much committed to learning to play the guitar at the moment and I’m post- poning some more structured work on the singing, but definitely I want to improve there too!

@LievenDV thank you for listening and your feedback, especially on the F chord, I’m going to review that straight away as I need to do it more accurately for a chord melody I’m arranging at the moment. The capo: that’s also something I’m postponing but I see I should try just to experiment a little bit more. I chosed this song to test myself on the consistency of strumming as I used a very easy pattern, and didn’t bother too much about the singing and put the capo in order to strum along with the original…but to tell the truth I’m now realising that maybe I’m singing one octave lower…but I’m not even sure of this…with the Ear Training it was so challenging recognising octaves while testing myself with JG App!

2 Likes

Well done Silvia, tons of passion!
Bold choice, it is considered by many as the one of the most difficult songs to sing properly.

1 Like

Wow - this performance as a package works so well for me - your strumming and signing with the intonation makes it your version!

1 Like

@Socio Thank you James, also my English is coming “on leaps and bounds” as you are always using new idioms and expressions that I don’t know, such as this one and others you used. So you get a double thank you, for the feedback and for enriching my English Vocabulary :grin::wink::blush::uk::uk::uk:

@RadekSiechowicz Thanks so much for your comment! I’m not bold, I’d rather say just thoughtless in a childish way :woman_shrugging::blush:

This might be true or not from an objective point of view, I’m not that expert and I wouldn’t be able to say, but here it’s the word “properly” that makes the difference, as I’m content to do it decently enough to make people connect to its meaning and the emotions it arises, no matter all the innaccuracies :see_no_evil:

@andyPlays hello Andreas…thank you so much for listening and commenting and with so kind words! I think my girl-ish voice makes a big contrast to what the original is.

2 Likes

In some countries in karaoke bars this song cased serious disturbances, it sounds odd but it is a fact (quick googling “My way controversy”). And of course, you’re right, all is fine if you connect with your audience positively :slight_smile:.

1 Like

What a great performance that was Silvia!! Sounded superb!

Thanks for sharing :grin:

1 Like

So I googled it…oh my this is crazy!! :pleading_face: I won’t get killed hopefully…but I actually was fancying to sing it next time we go to the Karaoke…but I changed my mind!

Thank you! :blush::blush::blush:

This was in Asia and karaoke there has different meaning then it does here (EU). I wouldn’t be much worried if I were you :slight_smile:.

1 Like

It’s the only way to do it Silvia and what a way it was.

That was marvellous. Simple but effective strumming. Your vocals were really nice. I think that once you know a song really well that can help with the breaths within the song, as you know what is coming and when to take a big one.

1 Like

Oh, man, I didn’t know that either. Sylvia, rest assured, that nobody here will kill you :hibiscus:, au contraire, a big hug for your performance :green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you Stefan for listening and for your encouraging comment :blush: I actually know well the lyrics but I was super concentrated on the strumming!

1 Like

:hibiscus: to you too Andrea …:blush: