Need Your Love So Bad [SOLO] by Peter Green Lesson

@DavidP
Only my opinion David but it is difficult enough to keep up with the existing number of options as to where to post this type of thing. Things disappear down the list so quickly now.
Even this reply of mine is padding out the Topic and making it more difficult to follow.

@sairfingers you are right, there are q uite a number of posts made daily, so something can easily get lost. Keep track and not missing replies does depend on how one sets up notifications.

I think it may be best for an individual learning the solo and posting for feedback to create a topic in AVOYP. It is probably where it is least likely to get lost. That said, once the person returns to post a later rendition, many may miss that if they don’t scan the replies.

Now I am rambling away in reply to you, without a helpful answer.

I’ve run into an unexpected problem working on this solo (amidst all the expected ones).

When I try to bend the E up to F#, the note just dies when I go beyond a semi-tone. I can play a tone bend on the e string on the frets either side of the 12th, sounds fine. Just the bend at the 12th fret that is misbehaving.

I assume this is some kind of weird setup thing but perplexed given all is good on the other frets.

Any ideas?

Bump the gain up ? Not experienced that David with either 9s 9.5s or 10s.
Sorry. :cry:

That’s why I always recommend playing with more fx :slight_smile: more gain, more compression and sustain should do the trick. Alternatively crank up the amp and play your guitar to it to generate feedback, but this is an option not neighbour friendly :grinning:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner @adi_mrok

Thanks for sharing some thoughts, guys. It is weird since it only happens on that one string at just that fret. I may try tuning down a semi-tone and playing it one fret up to avoid the 12th fret tone bend on the e string.