New student

Really enjoying my return to Justin’s classes after a minor detour! Love the app and the website! So a little about my music journey ; starting about 20 years ago with singing as my main instrument. After singing in a few choirs I was drawn to solo singing jazz standards with some professional musicians in a student capacity. Had about 10 years of singing opportunities at local coffee shops, bookstores, etc. Since I’ve always wanted to learn to play guitar and ukulele I took a few lessons in my city. Learned I enjoy online lessons more than in person lessons. Enjoy playing with groups, mostly seniors, so I attend group jams a few times a week. I’ve circled back to the basics which is helping me with… a lot of stuff I forgot. Was going at this journey a bit backwards from jazz chords and finger style lessons with Martin Taylor to the beginner course with Justin. Having more fun now and less frustration!! Finally have more time after children and grandchildren have grown. Me time!!!

4 Likes

Well have great time playing guitar it’s definitely a journey and a long one at that. Justin’s site is a awesome place to get you started.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Nora

1 Like

Hi Nora, welcome to the community forum. As a singer, I can say that Justin’s lessons, especially his song lessons are great for learning to play guitar while singing.

1 Like

Welcome Nora @Nolab! How wonderful that you’ve had such a music-filled life. Here’s to the new chapter!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Nora.

1 Like

Hi Nora ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks! Happy to start a new chapter!

Welcome to the community Nora!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Nora :wave:

1 Like

Welcome Nora!! You’ll enjoy this virtual community of all-things-guitar fanatics!!

1 Like

Hi Nora,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Nora & Welcome!

I wish you lots of fun & joy in this phase of your musical journey!

Tod in New Mexico USA

Hello Nora :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome (back) to the forum :sunflower:
Have lots of fun on your continued musical journey and enjoy your “Me time” :guitar: