Notter - March 2022 - Pink Floyd, Green Day, Oasis, Eric Clapton

Great job on anchoring the finger when you pick the notes in Wish You Were Here. Good habit that’s going to serve you well done the road.

As others have said just keep the rhythm going with Time of Your Life. Don’t fall off the treadmill!

1 Like

Definitely two rite of passage songs. Awesome songs that are reasonably simple to play in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks JK, appreciated!

Well done on both tunes, Mark. Very well played and recognisable. Congratulations on your first AVOYP postings as well.

Good riddance is a cracking tune and you had me singing along.

Thanks Stefan! If I had you singing along then I’ll take that as a win for sure :slight_smile:

Ok I’ve actually, kind of, done it. I recorded Songbird ages ago as a separate guitar and vocal track and following all your positivity this week I re-dug it out as one to sing to with an actual strumming pattern. It’s only old faithful and not the actual song version but I’ll work on that.

I miss one transition chord and my voice confidence / volume can improve so consider this a work in progress!!

Songbird - Oasis

6 Likes

Youre playing is thight and sounds very good. Same goes for your singing. I think that was an impressive performance Mark!
Keep up the excelent work! :raised_hands:t2:

And that PRS… looks like its on fire🔥

1 Like

Thanks @tRONd , getting more inspired with this community I have to say!

1 Like

Thats great Mark. Feel the same as you. Its a warm and fun place to hang out.

And all thats matter is that you get inspired to play more guitar and develop your skills.

Another good one Mark. Nice and relaxed on the chords and good vocals.

Yes, this place is great for building one’s confidence, which ultimately makes you want to play more.

OM next Mike? :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds pretty good Mark. A good listen, consistent timing and good strumming.

I agree that this is a good place to hang out on the internet. So much of the net is either a cesspool, or guitar YouTube which is the top 1% of players. Here it’s encouraging feedback and normal people all at different stages of their guitar journey.

2 Likes

Mark, you are coming along wonderfully. Your confidence is growing each performance. I look forward to what you perform next. Rock on mate.

Well done Mark. Good rhythmic strumming and good singing. Trying to sing and play myself atm - not easy.
Looking forward to more mate.
Cheers, Shane.

Very good Mark. Guitar was nice and tight and tone sounded good. Strumming sounded fine and to be honest the “proper” (not that there is any such thing) strumming pattern is not too hard for this. One suggestion would be to let yourself go on the vocal. Sing a little louder with a bit more commitment. It’ll sound a lot better.

Cheers (again!) all :slight_smile:
@SgtColon - I knew somebody was going to mention OM at some point, but wasn’t expecting that yet!! Not sure quite yet but definitely one day, I can imagine the added pressure / adrenaline to be “interesting” to deal with!!

@jkahn - Couldn’t agree more, this is a truly safe haven!

@Socio - always rocking on :metal:

@sclay - You’re not wrong Shane, I consider myself pretty well co-ordinated but actually seperating your singing brain from your playing brain is way harder than it seems! Keep at it mate.

@Rossco01 - Thank you and yeah you’re absolutely right with letting myself go on the vocals, I think once I can get the guitar element that little extra notch automatic it’ll come, but certainly my next step of evolution and focus.

1 Like

Another enjoyable listen, Mark. It’s all smooth and relaxed, playing and singing.

I’m so happy to read all the comments from you and others about the Community and how inspiring and encouraging it is. It’s good to know that is how it is being experienced.

2 Likes

Sounded good to me Mark, keep them coming :+1:

1 Like

Great stuff Mark. Steady strumming, clean chords and you’ve got a good voice.
Only one suggestion, let go a bit and try to look like you’re enjoying yourself! :smiley:

:rofl: fair comment Gordon, well made. I am enjoying myself, honestly! Will make sure I show it on the next one! :+1:

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Your first videos are impressive :sunglasses:…I think your learning curve will go straight up in no time …if you really start using your voice from what’s in it, well, I’m looking forward to that already , because you are eager to learn , you will succeed :wink:…Definitely keep it up… :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like