Ohmygato - April 2022 - Grade 1 Exam Songs #1 Brown Eyed Girl + #2 Chocolate Jesus + #3 I Walk The Line + #4 A Girl Like You

This song has a lot of cool elements to it. It’s a great grade 1 song to learn.

1 Like

As you a great song for Grade 1.
I have the chords and strumming ok, also singing so my next challenge is putting the two elements together.
Have you tried the intro riff? I don’t have a cutaway guitar so can’t do a exact version, again I have got the parts but not put them together.

I have tried the intro riff. Hard to pull off on a non-cutaway and not critical to the song. It might be nice in a band setting on an electric guitar.

Yes would be better with two guitars.
Without a cutaway guitar I just repeat the first bar, not perfect but sounds sort of ok. The problem for me going smoothly to bar 4 which I have not managed to do yet

Now that is what it’s all about.

Really good performance.

1 Like

I love the form of this song and the lyrics are fantastic. It is so fun to play. This is one of the songs that really inspired me to sing and play at the same time.

-Dan

9 Likes

Liked it very much, great strumming; easy pass to me!

1 Like

Another enjoyable recording, Dan, loved the strumming pattern, the accents.

1 Like

That was excellent Dan. Great strum pattern and dynamic.

1 Like

:fire::fire::fire: i am going to rip and steal your version. That sounded fantastic!

Thanks

1 Like

I do love Tom Waits. Decent performance!

Mysterious ways of the YT algorithms: after your piece finished it’s proposed I watch Ian Hislop embarrasses politicians in select committee-PoliticsJoe :rofl:

1 Like

Well done, Dan. Nice easy relaxed performance.

1 Like

Hilarious. I often have crazy stuff like that pop up. Thanks for listening and for your comment.

Sounded great to me, no nits here you are well beyond being ready to move on to G2 :smile:

1 Like

Wonderful stuff Dan. Super singing, strumming and chord changes. Loved the sound of your guitar also.

1 Like

@ohmygato
Dan you popped up on my Facebook page.
Fame at last, well done :wave::wave::wave:
Cheers
Michael

1 Like

That was great!

1 Like

Hahah yeah! I was thrilled to see it. Nothing like having a video shared with thousands of people to get me over my fear of videos. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did I miss this?

I agree with you, its one of my favourite songs. You’ve done a great job with it Dan. You’ve got a great vibe going here. Justin has a few other Tom Waite’s song lessons too when you’re ready for them.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Tom Waits has so many modern classics, all representing such a great evolution of the blues.

1 Like