Old Dog Brett - from Maine, USA, learning new tricks

Hello from Downeast Maine where the water is cold and the beach is, in large part, just one big rock. I’ve been told my whole life that I can’t play an instrument or sing. Well, I am sure I can’t sing. But I have a beautiful new strat and I’ve been practicing on FP for 160 continuous days today. I’m still a beginner but I am learning and enjoying. I have watched a couple of Justin’s videos and thought I might supplement my learning adventure over here.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum Brett

Hi Brett, from the middle of a corn field in the middle of USA.
Welcome to the good times.
Lots to learn hear on JustinGuitar. Justins the cat to help ya out too. He’s a real good teacher.

fwiw, I think perhaps the longer ya play and sing, the better you’ll get at it… :wink:
Myself, I for sure don’t sing. Yet… I find myself singing… go figure… :slight_smile:
I’m still working on the playing part… :wink:
Have fun man. To me, that’s what It’s about.
Many folks here to help ya out on your adventure too…

Welcome to the community from central Florida Brett!

Hey welcome Brett,
You’ll find loads of good things for your guitar journey here for sure!

Cheers
Ruaridh

Welcome Brett @BrettsStrat, from the Willamette Valley in Oregon where it’s, well, still raining. (Summer here is glorious though when it finally arrives!) Hope you stick around here. Not only is Justin an excellent and generous teacher, but this community is a resource unlike any other I’ve found. And there are plenty of non-singers here!

Brett, hello from an urban jungle in the south east of Germany, where the rain is cold and currently just a bit too much. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:
Welcome to the community!
Franz :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome Brett!

Welcome, Brett. It’s a great place you joined. My family used to vacation at Well’s Beach when I was a kid. I’m over in MIchigan now. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum Brett. I started out thinking I couldn’t play or sing and then found out I could play and quite by accident that I could sing as well. Don’t count anything out.

1 Like

Hi Brett,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome to the community Brett from a very wet summer in UK.

Welcome to the community, Brett.
I’m just a little south of you on the seacoast of NH. The water isn’t much warmer but the beaches have some sand.

Hi Brett, welcome to the community forum. I’ve never used FP, even though I have a Strat, but I am sure that Justin can provide a lot of structured lessons and song tutorials to supplement what you are current learning. I’m from North Carolina, where to summers are hot and humid, but the beaches are sandy with cool breezes early and late in the day. Every place has its good and less good features.

Hello Brett
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

1 Like