One More Time! Hello from Gary in Maine, USA

Hello everyone, I’m from the great state of Maine, USA. My first “real” guitar was a '60s Jag that I bought used in '73. I played for only a few years but stayed pretty obsessed with all things guitar.
Weelll, after half a century I’m discovering that it’s not coming back quite like riding a bike :smiley: and I’m also learning that things like finger joints and wrists and hands just no longer seem able to do things they once could!

So, here I am ready to enjoy learning something even in my aged and demented state! :rofl:

12 Likes

Hi MrT57, Im 54 and after a massive misspent youth my joints aint too good. To many times on a motorbike going earth sky earth sky ambulance. lol

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Gary There’s a lot of us old timers here. Older guitar students - can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?

3 Likes

Welcome, @MrT57 !

1 Like

Welcome welcome!!

1 Like

Welcome, Gary.

As @stitch said, there are a lot of us more “mature” players here. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hello Gary and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Time to find a slower pace of music to play and as long as it brings you enjoyment then all will be well.

1 Like

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the community loads of good helpful information here and great people.
Age is a number and nothing better than keeping learning.

A

1 Like

Hello Gary,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
And all kind of nice things come from `73 :smile:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome, Gary :wave:

1 Like

Hi Gary, welcome. Good you’re having one more time with the guitar. Go at the pace you can while making it enjoyable.

1 Like

Welcome. Slowly and steady you’ll get back into your groove.

1 Like

Gary, welcome to the community. I learned to play a few chords on the guitar in 1974 and after many years of not playing and several failed attempts to get better found Justin’s site. I found that playing something simple for 10 minutes at the beginning of practice to warm up the fingers and joints helps a lot. Play a little every day to keep the fingers limber and have fun learning to play songs and you’ll soon be feeling younger.

1 Like

Hello Gary.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to the hello and welcome party. You’re now a couple of months further along - how are you getting on learning with Justin’s fantastic lessons and resources? Are your fingers stretched and a little more supple? :slight_smile: Have you had a sniff around in our old dogs’ kennel yet?

There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything else.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.