Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall Pt2 (PULSE)

@Kasper - Dude that is stunning work, that’s some time put in to produce but wow well worth the effort. Damn this place has some Talent (capital T 100% intended!)

1 Like

Chic-shine-beauty :guitar:
brilliant guitar playing technique, Kasper!
It seemed to me that it was impossible to progress more, but you showed the opposite!
And what a perfect job with tremolo!

1 Like

Thanks so much for filling the blanks on the fret (or string) wrap! Though with my ears, it is probably hard for me to hear the issues you talk about. I am not sure what the frequencies are that are involved here. But from what you are saying, they may tend to be on the high side…

Great stuff as always and true to most instances of when we talk. I always come away learning something!

That wrap looks like it might have some velcro incorporated into it? I will look into one and see if in use, I can detect the “noise” you speak of…

Thanks so much and all the best to you and yours!
LB

1 Like

Absolutely stunning again! I think your improvised parts are as good as any I’ve heard, seriously. Perhaps the technical term I’m looking for is “Melodic AF”

1 Like

This was so good! Speechless! Thank you for this!

1 Like

Hi Kasper,

Beyond awesome.
This song always takes me back to being at Primary school.

I thought the backing track was fine - certainly supported your epic playing.
Watching the video you make it look so effortless. I couldn’t remember all the notes to play if I even had the technique to be able to do it. :slight_smile:
Brilliant.

Digger

1 Like

Spectacular! Thanks for sharing the video, your playing is quite amazing.

1 Like

Superb stuff, as always Kasper. It’s always a pleasure to listen to what you produce.

Watching your video is just mesmerising. How do you remember it all?

1 Like

Thanks man! Well the trick is to not try to memorize all the individual notes, but rather the sequence of licks. This comes mainly from listening to the track a lot… basically until you can humm the solo inside your head. The other part is lots and lots of ear training. When you do that enough you get to a point where many licks like these (pretty slow and melodic) can be played pretty much immediately, almost the first time you hear them. Combine the two, and for a solo like the one Gilmour plays, I only really had to do some focused transcribing/rehearsing of a few of the licks… those with a, for me, slightly unusual phrasing. The second solo was a little bit harder, but same basic principles. Focus on learning each lick in isolation, then piece them together in the right order… relying on your ears to guide your fingers as much as possible. Hope that made some sense… :wink:

2 Likes

That was awesome :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :+1:t3:

1 Like