Pirate looks at forty three THR30 amp demo

A quick take on another song, hopefully with a bit better sound from the amp and with a little more effects thrown in.
It is a little bit of hall effect and a bit more chorus effects.

14 Likes

That sounds good, Trond. The addition of chorus and reverb as you’ve done it is working well. And another fine rendition of the song.

This pirate, he’s gone from 40 to 43 pretty quick! :joy:

Just kidding. Sounded great, amp effects added a depth to it that wasn’t present before.

:rofl: im 43. Cant lie on my age anymore :rofl:

Im not convinced with effects on the amp. But maybe after i have used it a while…

Hi…beautiful this way…don’t get too addicted to chorus+reverb otherwise it’s like I’m in church all the time…and that’s exactly what I don’t like in life :angel:… …but wonderful with this song, and a little with more songs will probably be beautiful too …

Edit:

You are aware of it … well done :smile:

Nahhh… i am very much in doubt on effects on acoustics Rogier. I have not decided yet if i like it….

What did you think of the tone of my acoustic in the OM, Trond?

Have to admit I liked the chorus and reverb on that one…you can always dial it back a little if you want less of it. Definitely get a better feel for the amp in this one Trond.

1 Like

Trond, hang in there, those FX sounded great on this particular song. Guess that’s the clue, each song has its own feel and benefits from subtle changes and different FX. Experimentation is the only way to go and now you have that amp, no reason and no excuse not to. Good share.
:sunglasses:

Actually David. Im with the others. The best sound ive heard from your guitar. So that was real good!

I really enjoyed that Trond. A different take on one of my favorite Buffet songs.

1 Like

I listened back to my acoustic recording from the open mic. I accidentally had chorus in and to me, my sound wasn’t good. Darn it. I was through a multi fx though, not an amp. With an amp you can hear if it sounds to your taste immediately.

1 Like

Yes. Youre right Toby. I need some time to figure out things and get used to it… im sure it will be better with time.

1 Like

Loving the hammer-ons in this one Trond. Timing is spot on.

Reverb is a personal taste thing, have a mess and see what sticks. Different levels for different songs.

On the Ultraviolence album by Lana Del Rey, her vocals are swamped with reverb to the point pain, but it suits the album and sounds good (to me anyway).

Very cool song there Tron! Again… Never heard of this song… Thought it was cool!! Nice effects going on to!

Thanks Byron :pray:

Check it out. Its supercool!

Thanks Gregg.

Funny you mention the hammerons… spent quite a few hours to sort those out into the song :rofl:

Yes. I have to mess around a bit and get used to it i guess.

Thanks Trond. I was running the guitar through a multi fx that included reverb, delay, and chorus. Plus another fx from a TC Electronics pedal called Bodyrez which works to improve the tone of an acoutstic guitar being picked up by a built-in piezo pickup, which tends to have a characteristic sound that most find less pleasing than the guitar heard acoustically.

For my taste I think adding a little of these fx helps improve the tone when using the built-in electronics.

It may have less benefit if you were recording/streaming the guitar using a mic and in a room with good acoustics. But I’ve found when recording my acoustic at home with a mic, it still makes it sound a little fuller to add reverb and delay.

In all cases I try to keep the degree of the fx to be enough that it sounds better if you turn the fx off but not so much that people will hear the fx in an obvious way. In recording speak, people refer to wet and dry where dry is the sound with no fx or processing and wet a processed sound. So what I want to avoid is feedback from @Richard_close2u that I have ‘drenched’ my guitar with fx :laughing:

Of course it is all a matter of personal taste. So keep on with your experiments, learning what sounds good to your hears, exploring the capabilities of the amp.

You are probably right David :rofl: you had an amazing sound on the OM, both vocal and guitar.

On my behalf. Were it all becomes a bit itchy. Is that, there is no way that amp is able to reproduce or make my guitar sound «better» than when its all accoustic. There is something that dissapears, the warm sound is gone. The cool boomy sound dissapears. its a pretty avarage pick up in my Martin. Fishman sonitone. Might have something to do with it.

That said. The phone is not able to pick up all the nuances in the sound from the guitar either when its accoustic.

But i have to mess around with it. Maybe i find the perfect setting and i think it sounds better than the guitar itself… doubt it though :wink:

You’re hitting the nail on the head, Trond. The built-in pickups are likely to be challenged to sound as good as the guitar acoustically (at least until you get to a certain quality level which often includes addition of a condensor mic inside the guitar body that is blended with the piezo).

Similarly the phone mic will probably also not do justice to your guitar as you hear it in the room.

You’ll get the best results using a condensor mic through an interface and into a DAW. For a good example of that you can listen to recordings made by @J.W.C. He records the guitar with a mic (sometimes 2), paying careful attention to mic placement, and the vocal with a mic, does some mixing in the DAW and produces wonderful sounding recordings.