Mar 2023 (2nd added on 15th) When I come Around (Green Day), This Picture (Placebo)

Hi,
with 42 years old i began my childhood dream…playing the guitar. With zero experience in any instrument or music theory i began my path last year and i am enjoying so much.
I just finished Grade 2 and now i´m going to consolidate for more 3 months.
I just play by my own and i don’t have any idea of my progress, so this is an opportunity to have some feedback from other guitar players.
This is my first recording, an acoustic arrangement of this beautiful Placebo song.
I hope you enjoy it.

P.S My voice is horrible LOL

Second recording: Mar 2023 (2nd added on 15th) When I come Around (Green Day), This Picture (Placebo) - #26 by Pilhas

22 Likes

Enjoying this recording.
Thank you.
Have fun!

1 Like

That was a great first post Carlos. I thought your chord changes were really smooth and you’re strumming even and consistent. I don’t agree with you on your vocals being horrible at all, as I think you just need to have more confidence in your voice and then it will come across better. Remember that your voice is also an instrument and the more you practice singing the better that will get too! Great start and keep up the good work! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you so much.
That´s the kind of feedback i need because as i said before i don´t have any friend ou work colleague that plays guitar so i don´t have any idea what to improve.

Cheers mate.

2 Likes

Hey Carlos, what a great first recording, congratulations and thank you for sharing!

Loved Placebo and saw them live a few times, you definitely did that justice, and don’t knock your vocals, far away from horrible!

Hope you continue to have a lot of fun during your consolidation, bravo! :clap::clap::+1:

1 Like

Hi Carlos and welcome to the Community! You definitely are playing well, clean chord changes, flowing strumming and steady pace. To me you sound really great and your voice is nowhere close to horrible! Well done

1 Like

@Pilhas Sounded just fine! What an accomplishment… that’s incredible and it’s really obvious that you’re putting in the effort. That first clip is always going to be the hardest I think and you nailed it!

TLDR; :guitar: :singer: :notes: :+1:

Keep on playing (and posting),
Dave

1 Like

Hey Carlos,

Very well done mate. Thats a great first recording, and clearly shows you’ve been payin attention to Justin, and applying it on the guitar. :+1::nerd_face:
Good clean, chord changes; your technique/ hand positioning looks pretty solid; and your strumming/ rhythm is very good which is an absolute crucial skill on guitar. Some solid foundations to build on.
Lots to be proud of here I reckon. Your voice? Its fine mate, and actually smoothed out more over the course of the song.
Enjoy your consolidation of Grade 2. Grade 3 will open up alot of new and cool stuff.
Join in the community, and reach out here anytime for help, feedback etc.

All the best,
Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hello Carlos, congratulations on your first AVOYP. This was an absolutely great rendition :+1::clap::star_struck:!

Being someone who is still struggeling with the F chord, I admire the smooth changes I saw in your video :smiley:.

And you know what, I also like your voice. It’s definitely far away from being horrible. The majority of us are no professional singers. But we do the best we can. And we’re improving with practice :slightly_smiling_face:.

Keep up the good work, and I hope to hear more from you :blush:.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Carlos and well done on posting your first AVoYP.
Smooth strumming, clean chords including barre F and a good vocal.
You’re on track. Well done, looking forward to more from you.

1 Like

Hi Carlos,
Your First video :smiley:…concrets :partying_face: :sunglasses: :clap:
And your voice serves the song very well and makes the song better than if you hadn’t :sunglasses:… I wish you a lot of fun in grade 3 , I’ve seen a lot that went super well and you’re going to have a great time there :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thank you all, your comments are a motivation to keep progressing.
Cheers. :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

@Pilhas Your voice is actually lovely.

If you’d like to spend time on it, may I suggest figuring out the notes of the vocal melody, play the melody on your guitar or a keyboard, then make sure you are matching the pitch with “aaa”s or “yooo”s all through, and finally apply the lyrics.

I think you would sound great as the tone quality of your voice is evident.

1 Like

Thanks, great tip.
Cheers mate.

Really good work, I would be very pleased with that. :slight_smile:

Rachel.

1 Like

Hello Carlos and congratulations on your first recording…I’m enjoying it a lot, the strumming sounds so good to my ear! And your voice is anything but horrible…on the contrary, I don’t know the song but the singing seemed really in tune with the chords! Thanks for sharing! Look foward to ear more of your nice strumming and singing! :blush:

1 Like

Very well done Carlos, smooth chord changes and great strumming. Good vocals also, great job!

1 Like

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting Carlos. That was really nice. A little hard on yourself there about your voice, I thought it sounded good.

1 Like

I’m late to this party, Carlos.

I can only echo what others have said. Your playing sounded good. The tone of the recording was good. And your singing was just as good, enjoyable tone, phrasing, dynamics.

Most of us think we have a horrible voice when we first begin to ourselves singing, but quite frequently it has far more enjoyable than we may think. Certainly so in your case.

Bravo, keep on keeping on!

1 Like

Hello Carlos!

As you said, you’re living the dream. Great stuff!

Clear chord changes, solid rhythm + playing and singing at the same time! Keep rocking!

1 Like