Mar 2023 (2nd added on 15th) When I come Around (Green Day), This Picture (Placebo)

Your playing was great Carlos I really enjoyed watching and listening to you. You have a very good voice don’t be shy with it, it’s much much better than you give yourself credit for :smiley: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Hey Carlos! That was so cool! Loved your playing, smooth with clean changes and, dude, your vocals actually matched the song great! I’ve always really liked Placebo and the atmosphere they created with that mix of semi-upbeat tunes with melancholic/despairing overtones, especially in the vocals, which make them really engaging and I felt you had had that going on for sure, well done! Please post more! :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the circus, Carlos :smiley:
That’s a fine debut!
Regarding your playing and singing, I can only echo all the comments above.
We never know how we influence those around us, so I’m happy to share that you have inspired me to look up a Placebo song I always liked and am now learning.
Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

@brianlarsen
I´m so glad you like it.
I’m looking forward to hear your version. :wink:

Cheers.

this is lovely, your passion definetly comes through!

1 Like

Hi,
This would sound better in my Dreadnought but unfortunately i break a string in this morning and i didn´t have the time to replace it. I played in standard tuning but the original is played a semitone down and of course with a electric guitar but i think that sounds very nice in acoustic too.
The lyrics of the song are a little bit tricky in some parts but i did my best.
I have to begin playing without looking to the guitar, that’s something i have to work.
Waiting for your feeback.
Hope you guys enjoy it . :wink:
Cheers.

10 Likes

Super job Carlos! Loved your playing and vocals were great also. Took me back to my college days :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was great Carlos, well done, I enjoyed that. It’s a good song and that was a super version with a really good vocal too.

My only comment would be try to relax your wrist a bit. It’s very stiff and all your strumming motion is coming from your elbow.

1 Like

WOW! Great!

1 Like

Nice one. I’ve never seen this done with open chords on acoustic, worked really well.

1 Like

Yes Carlos! That was great. It sounded great on the acoustic. Nicely played and sung.

1 Like

That’s a great version Carlos, tricky strumming pattern to sing to as well which you handled superbly!
Nice looking guitar too, what is it?

1 Like

Thanks for all your feedback. :wink:
Cheers

Hi Gordon,
yes you’re right about my strumming hand. Normally i’m very tense when i’m playing even more when recording because i’m always worried about drop the pick so i put a little more tension in the fingers that makes my wrist stiff. I´m working on that but is not easy lol.
Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mark,
Unfortunately i don’t have a budget to buy a Martin or a Taylor guitar so i have 2 guitars, my first one is a Squier a low budget one that’s the one you can see in the left side of the video. The guitar i was playing is a Harley Benton CLG-650. I Know that most of the guitar players don’t like this manufacturer but i can tell you for my experience that for the price is perfect.
When i thought to buy a second guitar i had about 400/500 euros of budget so i went to several music stores to try Yamahas and Fenders and Guild guitars but i didn’t see many diferences from my Squier. So one day talking with a friend that plays bass in a metal band he show me this guitar from one of the guitarist of the band… i played and it was amazing…the sound very warm…it´s very comfortable to play because has a arm rest that normally only high end guitars have. The guitar is all solid mahogany wood and the nut and the saddle is made of bone. It cost me about 350 euros.
In short the guitar has a much higher value than the price.
Just to clarify i’m not sponsored by them :rofl: it’s just my experience with this brand.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Sounded great to me as well as looking very nice Carlos. I started out with an Eastcoast which is supposedly a similar tier to Harley Benton but, like you, I found it to be excellent quality. I only got rid of it in the end as I didn’t get on with the weight of it (it was a Les Paul clone).
As far as I’m concerned, if you enjoy playing a guitar who cares what’s on the headstock!

There’s no good or bad guitars…there´s the guitar that fits you.

Well played and sung, Carlos, lots to like.

I saw your comment about Harley Benton. I think you’ll find that HB is a poular brand here in the Community, appreciated as good value in terms of quality and price.

Now I am going to append this to your other AVOYP, as per the Community guideline for a single Topic per month that may include multiple recordings.

1 Like

Enjoyed that, well done Carlos!

I don’t think you need the bass of a dreadnought with your fantastic vox, makes a nice contrast :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Carlos, for the time you’ve got in, you are sounding really good, guitar and vocal. It shows through in your performance that you are enjoying playing and singing. Congrats on finishing Grade 2, and best wishes for your consolidation.

1 Like