Playing Electric Guitar and Justin Lessons through Headphones

The micro is so cool that you can actually plug it right into your pedalboard at the end and it’ll work just like a regular amp, so you can use it with loopers and other stuff. Think I saw a demo from Andertons where they did just that. Just make sure your headphones have a really long cable! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for this setup info! Does anyone have an equivalent setup they recommend for playing along to songs with the JustinGuitar app? How can I listen to the songs and my guitar and amp, all at the same time, but on headphones so I don’t disturb the family? The app would run on an iPhone or iPad, and my amp is a Katana 50 mkII. Is there a way to connect from an iPhone’s lightning port to the aux in on a katana? Is there any chance of latency or lag between the aux input and my guitar, as they get ‘mixed’ together and sent out via the headphone out jack?

I couldn’t find this elsewhere in the forum, and this seemed like a good thread to co-opt for my question…

There should be an “aux” in on the back of your amp. All you need is to plug the iPhone into it. You need a lightning to headphone adapter.

I use something like this (not this one) so I can charge my phone while I play it.

[2 in 1] Headphone Adapter for iPhone,Apple MFi Certified Lightning to 3.5mm Jack Dongle Aux Audio Charger Splitter Compatible with iPhone 13/12/XS/X 8 7 Audio Earphone Adaptor Support All iOS System Amazon.com

No lag if wired like this, only if you tried to connect with Bluetooth.

Hi everybody. I have the same idea as OP and found this post from last year quite useful. I am also on the market for the headphone amp and also for the suitable headphones.

For the headphone amp I am serious abour Fender Mustang Micro because of the shear simplicity of the device. I do have a stand alone Marshall amp for when I want to explore.

For the headphones I am looking into beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro and I have no clue what dB rating do I need. It is sold as 32, 80 and 250 dB option. Which one should I get for playing electric guitar through headphones amps and listening justinguitarapp or YT backing tracks through tablet pc? And sometimes music in general. The price is the same.

It’s actually 32, 80 or 250 Ohms.

I would go for the 32 Ohm version as most headphone amps are battery powered, similar to mobile devices.

I would also consider the Nux Mighty Plug MP-3 as it’s pretty simple to use, sounds good, great value, and has some great capabilities.

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks for quick reply. I will check Nux amp… Still have few weeks as I am counting on some good Black Friday deals.
Yes, it is actualy Ohms not dB, thanks for correcting. I don’t understand the logic behind this and I don’t find usable info on the internet… What would happen if I would buy 80 Ohm version? I think that these headphones would be louder on PC or some other device, but on the headphone amp it would achieve the same loudness as 32 Ohm verison since the limitation is in the battery operated amp… or is there something else?

The 80 ohm version should work, but would be a bit quieter. The higher the impedance, the more powerful the amplifier needs to be to drive it and get to a specific volume level.

Usually, for the higher impedance headphones, you need a headphone amp or a reasonably decent audio interface. The higher impedance ones are supposed to sound better when driven properly, but will sound quiet when connected to a typical phone or other portable device.

Cheers,

Keith

This is another option.

Just been using the “clean” model of this to practice, as I was away from home. It has an aux input and I simply plugged in a tablet with some backing tracks. Runs off 2 AAA batteries - I use rechargeables so you can swap them out easily when necessary.

Thanks, will sure take a look at it!

Ok, so this sound logical. Thanks for the explination. Now only wait for the good Black Friday deals :wink:

Why not just make it easy?

Listen to the app through your earbuds and play the guitar without plugging it in.

Cost: $0.