Playing Otherside Live - Serhat

Thanks Stefan, really appreciate that mate :hugs: Nerves buddy, it’s my nerves, specifically excessively shaky hands :wave: :roll_eyes: :joy: I figure it out one day though :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry to hijack your thread Serhat. :flushed:

I’m feeling your pain Jeff. It’s what holds me back at the moment, I think. When you’ve found the cure please let me know. :smiley:

1 Like

@nzmetal You are getting it the other way around! The nerves won’t go away by themselves. You must be playing out there despite the nerves so you can get rid of them! For me, I think I’m nowhere near a level I should be doing live gigs and playing to people, but I am because when I do think that I am good, I want to have the nerves left behind already.

1 Like

The cure is doing it anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Stefan! The nerves are always there and they are serious! Though it is getting better each time as I do more and more of these.

1 Like

@SgtColon @nzmetal what I would say in terms of nerves is to try and find someone else to play with. Not necessarily “live live” to start with but just from a practice perspective. That is in itself a bit nervy so is a little stepping stone in the right direction.

It’s a lot easier IMHO to play live with others than it is to go solo live PLUS in a multi musician/band environment little mistakes are less obvious HOWEVER playing with others does bring other challenges.

3 Likes

Thanks @elevatortrim & @Rossco01 great advice! I will definitely take that to heart, appreciate it guys! :hugs: You are both excellent examples of how getting yourself out there really pays dividends over time. Love your work! :sunglasses: :+1: