Notter - May 2022 - Green Day, RHCP, Jeff Buckley

Also posted in my learning log. It’s taken me a while to start to get the hang of power chords and this may not have been the best song to go after but…
The intro’s a little sloppy but her, work in progress :wink:

6 Likes

Great job Notter. Great song to play. Powerchords sounding good to me

1 Like

Thank you Ross, appreciated :+1:

1 Like

That was very nicely done Mark. The changes were excellent.

I’ve just hit the power chords section myself and you think it’s going to be easy but it’s soooooooo hard.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan, all the best with them, I definitely found them much harder than expected! Have to admit, keeping third and fourth finger together through the changes was my battle personally with them.

Nicely done, Mark.

1 Like

Also posted in my learning log.

This is the second of my mini-update / catch-up as a progression log of my barre chords, a run through of Californication with the app backing track (still not loud enough on the backing though I’m afraid :rofl:). I remember the first time I ever played through this when practicing mini-F and almost despaired, then I got to the bridge section and thought I’m never going to do this!! But yet again practice seems to work, funny that!! :wink:

5 Likes

Great going, Mark. Practice is paying off for sure.

1 Like

Thanks John :slight_smile:

Mark, I don’t have time at work to give this a watch, which I will do later.

As a rule we like to post things once in one category. My suggestion would be to just provide the embedded recording here in AVOYP. You can also paste a link to the Topic in AVOYP in your Learning Log if you have additional notes you’d like to record in your Learning Log. Some people have chosen to maintain a list of links to all their recordings on either SoundCloud or YouTube in their Learning Logs, a process of copy, paste, and add in each update.

Hi David - Understood and appreciate the guidance, I’ll be sure to follow that approach in future. Thanks.

1 Like

Great progress Mark. This song is a good grower, start playing the chords, then arpeggios and later the solo. Accessible and plenty to grow with.

1 Like

Thanks JK, yes the solo is my next development item for this song now I’ve got a solid foundation. Not done much work on solo-ing outside of the specific module on it but that feels like a long time ago now!!

Sounded good Mark. Clean chords , steady strumming and you’ve got a good tone going too. Well done.
My only comment is watch your posture. You’re hunched over the guitar watching your fingers. You’ll end up with a sore neck/back.

Thanks Gordon. My sitting posture is far and away the biggest thing I need to sort out, many others have pointed it out as well. I’m trying to work on it but not enough yet! I’ve been going through songs that I know I know (if that makes sense) and therefore purely foucssing on sitting straighter and by consequence also not looking at my fretting hand. I slip back into hunching more when I’m looking at what I’m doing.

Appreciate your feedback, thank you.

1 Like

Listen to the wise man Mark.

Ahem … a note from the Posture Police … we’ll be back to check on you fella :policewoman: :grin:

1 Like

Sounds good, Mark, smooth, clean, and liked the tone. Well done, keep up the good work.

1 Like

:joy: wel the last thing I need is the posture police after me, yes ma’am….
Hope you’re doing well Maggie :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is coming along nicely Mark.

It’s odd how we think when we first start to learn a new song, even though we’ve done it before we still doubt ourselves.

1 Like

Thank you Stefan, couldn’t agree more with you. Still much more to learn with this song but it’s a really fun one to get to grips with. I’ve started to have a little play with the solo which is (dare I say it) not too bad to pick up I think with a bit of focus.

1 Like