Practice vs Just Learning Songs

I did alot of stopping and starting with the old beginner and intermediate courses before I actually finished them for the very same reason. Moreso with the intermediate course, it took me forever to finish that one.

1 Like

If you donā€™t mind me asking did you start out learning with Justinā€™s Course and then move on to playing songs?

So I am completely new here and COMPLETELY new to music and guitar so I will be following the Beginner Course and I am currently loving module 1 as this appears to be a complete learning method because it has the breakdown of the basics and encourages playing songs.

I have previously been involved in learning, training and teaching martial arts for almost 30 years.
All good schools follow the same principleā€¦
Watch demonstrations of the basics, break the basics down in to step by step, build them up until the entire technique is practised, practice the technique in a controlled manner, speed up, practice other basics in the same fashion, eventually lead up to sparring which is the use of free techniques and then maybe take it up to competition level.

It seems the same style of teaching is offered here.
Learn the foundations, learn the basics, practice implementing the basics, string basics together, learn other basics, start playing with others, play gigs.

So this method used here works.

Nothing to say you canā€™t have a play with it and tweak it as you go as everyone is different and their capacity to learn and their expectations of their learning is all different but in its essence, this is a very well structured program and one I will be using.

2 Likes