Pumped for BLIM - hello from Dave in Sydney Australia

Hi Folks from Dave in Sydney. I’ve been in and out of guitar for 30 years but only in the last 18 months have I been seriously getting into it. What changed? Can’t say for sure but I never had the confidence to play in front of others and so I stagnated in progress. By chance my wife came across a local accoustic group where I discovered I’m better than I thought. This boosted my confidence and I
decided to do Justin’s PMT where I then discovered I was fascinated by music theory and the beautiful science that makes it work. I can’t say I was ever a blues fan though, other than The Blues Brothers movie! But I can’t believe what I’ve missed and now it’s all I listen to! Freddie King is just amazing and I have him on repeat at the moment. I practice most nights and I’m really excited about where the blues immersion will take me. It’s nice to meet such a diverse and international group and we’re going to love this journey together.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dave

Hi Dave,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Dee you also at the BLIM course :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Dave Welcome to the Community and good to see you dropping off here first on your way to the BLIM Village, a suburb of this vast Justin Guitar city,

There is a BLIM specific intro thread over there, so may be worth another hello there as well,
https://community.justinguitar.com/t/learn-together-and-say-hello/323599/254

:sunglasses:

Hi David and welcome, I’m looking forward to seeing how all this “BLIM” caper brings us on too, so exciting times ahead. :smile::guitar::+1:

Welcome aboard, Dave! :smiley:

Hello Dave & Welcome!!!
Have fun in the Blues Immersion! Like you, the Blues Module in Grade 2 opened a window to a genre I’d kind of dismissed before… so much amazing music out there - who knows where this will lead?

Tod from New Mexico USA

Hi Dave, welcome to the community forum. Enjoy the BLIM course.

Welcome to the community Dave!

Hello Dave.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: