Radek’s Learning Log

Thanks Toby, it is good to be back.

1 Like

Epic story, thoroughly enjoyed along with your playing! Glad you’re ‘back’ I look forward to future updates

1 Like

Thanks Tom, I’ll do my best :slight_smile:.

Welcome back Radek :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Radek. Thank you for sharing your story. Good that your exploration with gear and genres has allowed you to find how to express your musical self.

1 Like

Yesterday I was restringing my acoustic when our house cat showed up. He had a great interest in all kinds of strings to the point of running away with one of them in his mouth.

4 Likes

A small update on the repertoire (all fingerstyle acoustic).

Songs that I know and work on

“Believe” - Witcher Soundtrack
“Lullaby of Woe” - Witcher Soundtrack
“Wolven Storm” - Witcher Soundtrack
“Lady Greensleeves” - Traditional
“Catherine Howard’s Fate” - Blackmoore’s Night
“Rohan Theme” - The Lord of the Rings Soundtrack
“Sinking Ships” - Trees of Eternity
“Celebrity” - IU
“Stay” - Blackpink
“Way Back Home” - Shaun

Songs that I’m currently learning

“The Ordinary Road” - Pu Shu
“Learn How to Meow” - Xiao Feng Feng
“The Misty Mountains Cold” - The Hobbit Soundtrack
“Davy Jones” - The Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack
“Spanish Romance” - Fernando Sor

2 Likes

New guitar: Lakewood M-35 CP

I was struggling with Takamine for quite some time. Over the 1,5 of quite heavy daily use it developed a problem of cables falling out of the sockets every other week. Putting it back even with loosened strings is difficult. 44 mm nut width was also difficult to manage fingerstyle. I was on the lookout for quite some time and finally settled with German made Lakewood M-35 CP.

The difference in quality of finish and the sound is dramatic, pieces I was struggling with got more clear, clarity and tone sounds amazing. Action is fantastic, this guitar was design for solo fingerstyle players and it really shows. I tend to play in loop my favourite parts just to listen to the sound of this guitar over and over. The nut with is 46 mm which really helps when approaching contemporary fingerstyle songs or classical pieces.

Lakewood came equipped with L. R. Baggs Anthem pickup. I don’t have much experience with the pickups but after test recordings I can say I’m very happy with it, the sound is warm and full, low end is slightly exaugurated but it can be adjusted in editing.

1 Like

Happy NGD Radek, that looks very nice.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Radek. Happy NGD! I’m glad to hear you’re happy with the sound of it.

1 Like

Hi Radek,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
Looks very nice ,and as far as i can see beautifully finished,…
I wish you a lot of time with this beauty…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Toby!

Hi Andrés, thank you!
Yes, I’m very happy with the tone and the clarity of this brand and model :).

Thanks Rogier, it is indeed very clean guitar and expertly crafted. I consider myself lucky, Lakewood makes only about 1500 guitars per year, managed to get the last instrument from the store.

2 Likes

Enjoy, Radek, look forward to hearing you over on AVOYP playing your new instrument.

1 Like

Thanks David. For sure, I have already something on my mind, just need to organise myself :).

1 Like