Red_Foster - June 2022 - The Man Who Sold the World (1st AVOYP) + Cosmic Dancer (T. Rex) + Tangerine (Led Zeppelin)

Really good performance, well done!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. This a song which a few years ago at the beginner stage and without any real direction for learning I could only dream of playing; to be able to perform it now to at least a reasonable level is really satisfying. :grinning:

Thanks @skinnyt . I think this is the case of the guitar overpowering my voice, my Furch Yellow grand auditorium is really loud! Using separate mics for guitar and voice might also help though, as will more singing practice.

Another great cover David. Nothing I can suggest on the singing or the playing as both were top drawer.

1 Like

Hi David,

Great song from a great album.

Really strong cover.
For someone who has only recently started playing and singing together I thought you did a great job.

Digger

1 Like

Another recording from my recent 50-day challenge of recording and posting 50 tracks in 50 days. Here we have Led Zeppelin’s Tangerine. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think.

6 Likes

Sounding great.

1 Like

Fantastic David. Really cool sound. Very nicely done mate.

1 Like

Thanks @jkahn and @Colberg69 , it’s such an enjoyable song to play.

1 Like

Nice playing, the only thing I would recommend is to get a backing track preferably with vocals, it makes the world of a difference!
It’s easier to reference your playing with the backing track and it’s easier for you when you play. I started using backing tracks not long after I came to JG because I found it difficult to get my timing right; it cured me and sounded better to those who listened to my playing at home.

1 Like

That was very tasty David. I don’t know the song but I really enjoyed your offering.

1 Like

Thanks @SgtColon , it’s from their third album, Led Zeppelin III, which if you’re not familiar with is definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

Sounding very good David and very recognizable if you are familiar with LZ’s earlier albums, always loved III. Agree with Darrel regards using a backing track, as it will tighten things up a little.

Be interesting to hear what you think of others recordings here and share you views on their contributions.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi David, Loved your cover of The Man Who Sold the World.
It’s a favourite of mine. I’m been working on learning it myself, but a long way to go to reach your level of playing it. I really liked the chord strumming instead of the C and F scales. I’m going to have to try that. It sounds ‘fuller’ than playing the scales themselves. Also, I’ve been using standard tuning on an electric and your tone sounded darker. What tuning was your guitar, Standard, drop D or did you tune down a semitone on all strings?

1 Like

This is good! I can’t imagine how hard it is to play and sing at the same time haha. The audio quality is great

1 Like

Ta very much @sundog90 . :+1:

Cheers @DaveTC59 . Yeah, I was tuned down half a step, so Eb tuning for this. For your own playing, keep at it and you’ll get there. :+1:

1 Like