Retrospective - Big Gig 2022

Really terrific Jason. I enjoyed your set list and it’s amazing to think of the progression from the guy learning to play guitar, to the guy giving advice to others on the forum, to the guy coming up with the idea for JG zoom open mics, to the guy now fronting a band at a gig, getting people up on the floor dancing. Well done Jason. You have to be the ultimate Justin Guitar student!

2 Likes

That was superb Jason. Very inspirational. I remember seeing/listening to your earlier AVoYPs. You have come along way fast and an inspiration to everyone in the community aspiring to perform in a band setting.

1 Like

That was great Jason, week done. What a buzz to have the audience up on the dance floor and interacting with the music, also loved the camera position and getting the drummer’s perspective.

1 Like

@sairfingers Gordon you are too kind and I’m only paying it back where it’s been given freely by many before. I really enjoy playing in the band and it’s not just because I’m playing…it’s been a new good social scene and I’ve made plenty of new friends along the way. Guitar has show me that with enough focus and plenty of determination you can push yourself further than you think.

@Socio Thanks James and glad it’s inspired you.

@prbushe Thanks Peter for listening and yes it’s not a bad perspective for getting everything in camera shot.

1 Like

What a great watch that was Jason. Looks like everyone had a great night. What a booster that must be when you see people getting up on the dancefloor.

A great selection of songs, nice closer and your drummer looked to be having loads of fun when you played Common people.

Also, interesting to watch people dance. :smiley:

@SgtColon thank you sir for listening… yes Common People was an interesting one as we’d only played it 5-6 times in the studio and whilst we loved that it was an upbeat floor filler type song we knew it presented some challenges playing it live for the first time. Also it’s very much a track dominated by keyboards in the original so putting it together for a guitar led band was a little different. On top of that the tempo varies from the intro to the main part of the song and the vocal has interesting phrasing. All good though.

1 Like

That was great. I am absolutely enthralled by your drummer. It’s a good thing she’s mic’d because she’s extremely gentle with those sticks. It’s like someone told her the symbols were called chinas and she doesn’t want to crack them. I think I love her :slight_smile:

The crowd really seemed to warm up around ‘Tainted Love’, the whole band seemed more confident after that and the room totally warmed up. What a great show, I would have loved to have been there dancing with my wife.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks John…yeah Lisa is not a heavy hitter and we do have a laugh with her about it (occasionally!)

Yeah it was good to get some feedback from the crowd…tells you you’re doing the right things.

1 Like