Richard_close2u - Learning Log

Great to read the back story, Richard. Ver interesting.

I’m another that doesn’t know the phrase “Banda machine”.

We just called them duplicators. I still remember the smell of the ink/chemicals.

Richard, thank-you for sharing some of your story. I look forward to more; especially, what prompted you to pursue a music teaching career that has enlightened so many people.
Stateside, we called the Banda machine a Mimeograph. Just reading about one brought back memories of the pumpkin smell of the ink. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And here it is …

Yes, we really did have wallpaper like that in the 1970s!

Yes, we really did have paper streamers suspended across the room at Christmas time in the 1970s.

Yes, we really did wear flared trousers and long hair in the 1970s.

Yes, someone in my family really did tilt the camera at a 45 degree angle to take that photograph for some reason!

I’m curious to know what sort of guitar it was. I can’t see a name. It looks like two sliding selector switches on the pickguard and some kind of two-piece tailpiece / bridge assembly.

5 Likes

Haha yes you look as if you’ve just come back from Woodstock. :smiley:
I’ve got photos like that too but without the guitar! Did you have an avocado bathroom suite?

2 Likes

LMAO. We did in our first house in 77. I believe it was a legal requirement.

Man check out them strides!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That picture is wild on many levels @Richard_close2u

It was a true milestone in your life when you come to think of it

1 Like

That is quite a photo, Richard. I well remember the styles of the 70’s!

1 Like

Ooooo I love this, thanks for the share Richard. May the flame burn bright dear friend :guitar:

1 Like

Born to be a guitar hero since day 1! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Quite a picture, Richard. Thanks for sharing.

Fortunately KISS were still to hit the scene (or not influencing your rock and roll posturing) and the tongue was where it belongs :laughing:

1 Like

Interesting photos, I remember those days very well! I had a similar look at the time, it was just before I got into the Biker look; I was in a bit of an identity turmoil at the time :crazy_face: As regards the guitar, I’ve got a feeling that it could be a Teisco - if that’s the case it would have been pretty decent! I had one briefly around that time like this one:

Very similar but it had a trem and 2 pickups, it went because that trem was a nightmare!

1 Like

Lovely reactions to the photo - thanks all. :slight_smile: @DarrellW good find on the Teisco. 100% on the ID. Thank you.

2 Likes