Robin Reddocke (16th century lute piece)

Hi Jason,

That was fantastic.
Brilliant production really captures your playing.

So good to hear something well off the beaten path.

Digger

1 Like

@oldhead49 @Digger72
Thanks, guys!

Jason

Thanks for pointing me towards this. A lovely piece, beautifully played. And you probably do still have the oldest tune on here.

Bransle Gay is probably even older - mid 16th century - you’ve given me a nudge to try and learn that to a performable standard.

Brian

1 Like

Hi Jason,
This offering is very good and very well done. A tip of the hat in that direction. However I must ask as it seems to me you have been on this tangent of late. Are you going to do something new? Is there something that keeps you from doing so? Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems all your recent posts have been of old material or projects you did in the past. This one was worth the repost for sure as I don’t recall it. But something new would be great to hear!

All the best to you on that end!
LB

@LBro
This wasn’t a repost, it just got bumped because I shared it with Brian (who had asked about older pieces of music on the site) and he commented on it.

I haven’t posted anything new for a variety of reasons. Originally, I kind of quit following and commenting on AVOYP because it grew rapidly and was just too much to keep up with, and I’d feel guilty posting stuff without listening to others and commenting. Then I had some time away from the guitar because of a hand injury (long since 100% healed). Then I never quite returned to guitar while other hobbies had come to the fore.

But all that’s just excuses: mostly I’m just lazy and haven’t been in the mood.

I’ve been gradually increasing the amount of guitar I’m playing, again, although still in an “off and on” manner. I’ll probably record something in the near future. Maybe that Bransle Gay piece I’ve been working on (even though it isn’t up to tempo). Maybe a basic acoustic + vocal cover of something not quite as challenging.

In any case, glad you enjoyed the piece (and that it was “new to you” despite being an older post).

1 Like

Jason,
Thanks for the detailed explanation! I can relate to hand issues as I had surgery on my thumb to correct an issue there. I also understand the “off and on” mode! I kind of am in the same space on guitar, coming off the hand issues.

So all good mate and looking forward to something new from your end, when you get there!

Be well!
LB