Rod and the Beat Buddy Live at the Lodge

@LBro really appreciate the assessment and thinking you put into your post. Yes that’s an iPad on the stand and it’s one of the smaller ones i think my future looks at a larger size as these 65 year old eyes even with contacts could use a larger view of my score! On this video it was just a few days rehearsing with the pedals and it was awkward at first but got easier ( just like everything else on this now 2 year guitar journey​:grinning:). Honestly, the real end in mind is tightening up my rhythm so i would be able to play better in a group. I don’t have any other way to practice that.The whole pedal thing is just embellishing really. The folks at this retirement place are really great to just let me go so I’m really practicing in public! It pushes me to build my repertoire because i try to do at least 1-2 new songs every week. And so far I’ve been able to that for a few months now. Holliday and travel get in the way sometimes but this has worked well but given the tight time frame i can only take so much time per song. To be fair, the Beat Buddy has made songs that i have already played at this venue “new” because i have to really lock into the beat and then learn all the pedal parts. I’m pretty much at capacity now.:grinning: Your suggestions are great but i feel my path is a little different although going deeper in each selection is certainly not a bad plan vs my going shallower and adding more songs in a shorter time.

The next big piece in this puzzle is a PA something like an Everse 8. Mixing the vocal better to the instruments is really what needs to happen and the plan is to add that in the next few months. I feel i need to get smoother at what’s on my plate right now before i amplify it!:open_mouth:. Again really appreciate the ideas!

Yep @NicoleKKB been steady since May of last year i think my song list is close to 60, all in various stages of complexity😎. A few of weeks here and there absent but mostly 30 mins 6-7 songs every Wednesday. Thanks for the kind comments and taking the time to look and listen!

I do have the full Beat Buddy @Rossco01 and your idea of putting my Spark Mini amp high and close to me worked great for me to hear it. I also appreciate your find for the microphone upgrade I can put on my Go Pro! After i get a PA i think I’ll be going that route!

I’ve bought a few of the Beat buddy’s premium content collections but I’m also listening to a song looking at its structure and then finding the drum track in the default library and honestly it’s been pretty easy and definitely making me look beyond chords and lyrics to work up a song! Thanks much!…Rod

1 Like