RonG - August 2022 - Cat Stevens, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac

Thank you Jay.
No I don’t/haven’t played professionally.
I have done a few gigs at Salvos stores volunteering my efforts and when I was younger I played in a street kids drop in center and coffee shops. Again volunteer.
I started playing seriously after many many years when I retired. Bought myself the new Maton Messiah and decided to put some effort in. That was when I discovered Justin and his awesome lessons. They have been so helpful.
I have been putting my efforts into developing my YouTube channel.
I agree also regarding some of Cats lyrics. I “think” the your still young…that’s your fault might be referring to the sons immaturity not age. :thinking:
Cheers
Ron

Ron,
I think you have all cylinders firing on this one. The vox is great and well treated too. Play is very nice, clear and the notes both ring out and are timed nicely. The guitar tone is very nice. Just a nice production all the way around and a great mix too!

Keep up the nice vibe and all the best to you,
LB

1 Like

Thank you so much Lbro.
Cheers
Ron

This was beautiful. Just beautiful. It’s one of my all time favorites and I’m working on it myself. Not nearly where you are skill-wise, but you’ve inspired me to keep going. One of the joys I have found in learning guitar is rediscovering old songs that I had forgotten about. This song was one of those rediscoveries, heard it randomly somewhere and immediately knew all the words, more than 40 years after I first heard it. Naturally I had to go home and look up the chords!. Again, it was really lovely to listen to your cover.

1 Like

Thank you Deirdre,
It is a great song of which I have many memories.
I am so pleased it has inspired you to keep going with it.
Looking forward to listening to it when you are done. :smiley:

Hi Ron,

Wow, this is really great, sounds like a professional recording! It was a lot of fun to listen to you and Cat Stevens, will definitely put this on my list of songs to learn and check your other video uploads.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I had to listen to this one Ron, it is a classic and one I"ve been working on with a student. Your version is great, great clarity in the guitar and real emotion in both voices telling their part of the story.
Bravo

1 Like

Thank you Ron! Sound great! The playing, the signing and the spirit. Great! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you Kunmar.
It is a great song to play. I will look forward to hearing your recording when you do it.
Cheers
Ron

Cheers Richard,
I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and for the feedback.

Thank you Luc,
I am really pleased you liked my version.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi Justineer’s,
I have been a bit off colour with the dreaded “C”.
After a couple of weeks recovering I finally got to play some guitar.
Here is my latest effort of a Beatles Classic.
Hope you enjoy.
Cheers
Ron

10 Likes

Yay! Beautiful. Great song. Great performance. Hope you continue to feel better, Ron.

2 Likes

Enjoyed that Ron, nice one :+1:

1 Like

A very nice rendition of a great song, Ron. I like your recording studio setup too.
Have you ever played professionally or semi?
Hope you are fully recovered from your bout?

1 Like

Great as always. You changed to the sofa.

1 Like

Great stuff Ron. Really well sung and played.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Claudia. :smiley:

Cheers David. Glad you enjoyed it. :smiley:

Thank you Dave. Yes I am pretty well fully recovered now.
My music room has been a work in progress.
The acoustic panels help noise transfer through the house.
No I have never performed professionally or semi.
Played a few gigs volunteer.
I am thinking about trying to get a gig at a coffee shop or similar as I think I finally have enough songs in my repertoire.