RonG - August 2022 - Cat Stevens, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac

Thanks Adrian.
The camera I am using is the main camera in my iPad Pro.
I do all my recording on the iPad using my Focusrite scarlet 2i2 with their App “Impact”.
Cheers :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like you got a nice setup there to play! I enjoyed it! Looks like you have really been working on fingerpicking in that one. I admire the effort! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Great job Ron! Very impressive rendition of a great song. I have tried on numerous occasions to try and learn and play this but can’t even get close to how you just performed it! Beautiful! Keep them coming.:sunglasses:

1 Like

I have the utmost admiration for someone who’s finger playing while singing. I don’t think I’ll live long enough to be able to do that. Cheers.

1 Like

Thank you Susie.
Yes I have been working hard on the finger picking in that song. However, I still messed up in a few places. :smiley:

Thanks Eddie.
Keep at it. It will eventually happen. It has taken me 5 years of working on my finger picking style to get where I am now. Still a long way to go…but hey that’s why we do it. :smile:

Cheers Robert :smiley:.
You will get there. As I said to Eddie, it has taken me 5 years to get to where I am now. A lot of very saw fingers…:joy::rofl:

Hi again Justineer’s
I won’t be posting a new song every day (I promise :innocent:) but as I finished this today I thought I would post it as I said to someone in the group that I was working in it.
It is drop D which I reckon sounds awesome.
A few hiccups along the way but I am pretty happy with this one.
I hope you all enjoy.
Cheers
Ron

8 Likes

Another enjoyable one, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks Mal. :smiley:

Another terrific one Ron. You’re very prolific at the moment! Great guitar play and you managed to capture the ‘Indian’ sound of the original in your playing.
I’d imagine it’s not an easy song to sing as it’s got difficult phrasing. Well done.

1 Like

Cheers Gordon,
I will be slowing down now for awhile. :grin:

Great performance all round Ron

1 Like

Hi Ron,

Top work again.
Love the original, and really like the Siouxsie and The Banshees version as well.
You’ve definitely caught the vibe of the former.
Cracking job on the vocal. Not easy nailing that - and you did.
Guitar sounds great.

Digger

1 Like

Excellent performance Ron, loved it!
Another one who likes the Siouxsie and the Banshees version, you should listen to that one!

1 Like

Thx Digger,
I will check out the versions you mentioned. :smiley:

Cheers JK. :+1::smiley:

Thx Darrell.
I am going to have a listen to them.
I am not sure I have ever heard them. :+1:

Ron,
Nice play, great vox and voice control. Very nice. I was the one you shared with in saying this was on deck.

Keep on rock’n and be be well!
LB

1 Like

Thanks LB.
Cheers