Ruby Tuesday by The Rolling Stones cover

Thank you David,
I have added Angie and Wild Horses to my “must learn” list.
When done I will post here.
I will check out the link you shared.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Wow thank you Shane.
That is indeed high praise.
I Love the mix and sound of it myself.
This group has been instrumental in me changing my mix.
Seems to be working.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

That was lovely. I’d forgotten what a great song that was. Tell me, Ron, how many takes do you do to nail it so perfectly? Please say it’s more than one!

1 Like

Hi Ron,
I enjoyed this one a great deal. I don’t think I have heard this song on the forum in my 13 some odd years here. If it has been done, I don’t recall it.

I think you did this really well. The Fx and all seem well positioned in the mix and set the vox and guitar tones up well. Nice production there. It all comes together and was well done, top to bottom!

Keep up the good vibe and all the best to you!
LB

1 Like

@LBro

LBro, FWIW I did it years back and then again in one of the Community OM but nowhere near as well as Ron delivers it. So not surprised you’ve managed to erase it from the memory :laughing:

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl:yes more than one.
I usually practice it through about 4 or 5 times.
Turn on the camera to record…go to pieces….stuff it up…delete….start again, and after about another 3 takes I get one I am happy with.
I get way more nervous doing these YouTube videos than I do live gigging. No idea why but at least I am in my own room when it all goes bad :rofl::joy::rofl:.
Thank you for your kind comments.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Thx Lbro.
So pleased the community seem to think I got this one right.
Cheers
Ron

Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall you did it… These days, memory is not a strong suit!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Enjoyed this enormously - what a great performance. Beautifully done; loved the subtle fx, they really make it.

Best,
G.

1 Like

Thank you. I really appreciate the encouragement and feedback.
Cheers
Ron

Hi Ron,
Great, :clap: :sunglasses: :bouquet: and indeed good to hear that you don’t need that huge reverb at all,… you sing more than well enough, so you don’t have to hide anything :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Nice work again there Ron, as others have said that’s balanced out really well with FX… Keep at it sir! :+1:

1 Like

Thx Roger. :smile:

Thank you Mark. :smiley:

Great cover, Ron. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

Brilliant stuff Ron. I think you got the guitar fx spot on for this one and I love the sound of the guitar you used. What is it you’re playing? Was there some pedal working going on there as well?

1 Like

Thank you Stefan.
The guitar I am playing is a Maton Messiah 100C.
It is a beautiful guitar. Maton are an Australian company. They build Tommy Emmanuel’s guitars for him.
The pickup, pre amp system in this guitar is an AP5 pro designed by Maton for Tommy. It has individual piezo’s under the bridge for each string and a microphone as well.
I use 100% piezo and about 69-70% mic in my mix. All the other guitar eq, base, mid and treb are center.
I am also using a Zoom multi FX processor with my own design fx setup.
And finally it all goes into my Fishman Loudbox Artist acoustic amp. I then take the mix DI out of the amp into my Focusriite Scarlet 2i2.
The final bit is the scarlet into my iPad Pro where I record my video and do some final fx tweaking in an App called “impact”.
Cheers
Ron

1 Like

Cool. I added this song a few months ago - it is not as easy to sing as it would be seem. Good job

1 Like

Hi DJ,
Thanks for the feedback.
You are right about it being a challenge to sing.
Glad you liked it.
I will go back and have a listen you yours.
Cheers
Ron