Running on Red - Original by NZMetal

@Eddie_09 @Lisa_S @Socio
As above in my reply to the others THANK YOU so much!!! Your thoughts and kind words really mean a lot to me :hugs: As you all well know, it is a little scary putting something out into the public that you’ve created, as it can be tricky to determine yourself where it sits and how others might interpret it, so your encouragement is hugely appreciated! :blush: :+1:

Thanks Eddie! Yeah, perhaps Sunday wasn’t the best timing for this :joy: although woke everyone up I guess :dizzy_face: :rofl:

:joy: Sorry family!! :grimacing: :laughing:

Thanks so much, Lisa!!! Really glad you liked it!! :smiley:

Wow! That means so much!! Thanks again! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh cool! I’m glad to hear that! I hope to add a small solo towards the end but good that it felt somewhat complete even without it :sunglasses:

:joy: Yeah lyrics in metal tunes can be pretty hard to catch! …which can be for the better sometimes :thinking: :rofl:

Thank you, Lisa, your words have left me feeling incredibly humbled, can’t express enough how much I appreciate that :smiling_face: :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

Thanks so much, James!! Really stoked you liked it mate! :smiley: :+1:

Done now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you again, means so much!! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

:rofl:
Andrea!! I thought I was up to date!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :laughing:

:joy: :hugs:

Thank you so much, Andrea! I’m so grateful that you, as with many other folk here, take the time to listen to my contributions when many of them fall well outside what you would normally choose to listen too :smiling_face: It really means a huge amount to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you again, that is really massive compliment to me :hugs:

:joy:

Thanks! Vote for less reverb noted! I will put some more thought into that aspect when I revisit this tune down the track :wink:

Thanks again, Andrea!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just read the lyrics. Definitely metal! :metal::fire::joy:

1 Like

:rofl:
Yep! :flushed: :joy:

1 Like

Even better now that I read the lyrics. Awesome lyrics Jeff ! That’s a really well crafted song mate.

1 Like

oh man thats very very 80s metal/rock, amazing job!

2 Likes

Absolutely required to do this.

Give yourself a space for the solo, dub it, record that and just fade to that bit of video for the right bit etc.

1 Like

Thanks again, Eddie! :metal: :smiley:

Thanks Rob!! :smiley: Yeah I was aiming for that 80s heavy metal feel, which actually has a lot of rock n roll vibe to it, just a bit dirtier with the guitar and vocals and tempo pushed. Glad that came across :sunglasses: :+1:

Ah great idea! Yeah, that would work! I have the spot in mind towards the end, I’ll work on putting something together for that. Cheers mate! :metal: :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

I absolutely did :metal:

Jeff, this is AMAZING :star_struck: :star_struck:

I put my phone volume on max and listened to it with Dan. Both of us were rocking out to it :wink: :guitar: I really liked the riff, it was catchy in a good way- where it sticks in your head after the song is over and makes you want to listen to it again.

I’m glad I caught this after you added the lyrics. I spent a good portion of this morning working on lyrics for the song Dan and I have started to write, so it’s fun to see what type of stuff other people are writing. I feel like the lyrics add to the power of your song perfectly :grinning:

You know my personal feelings on delay and reverb :laughing: :laughing: But they really work for your song and the style you were going for.

Now I want to go watch a horror movie or play a gory video game :wink: :laughing:

Oh, and love the band name too :metal:

1 Like

Thanks Jennifer!! :smiley: Glad you liked it!

That’s really cool to hear! Although please don’t blame me if it becomes that annoying tune you just want to shake out of your head! :woozy_face: :sweat_smile:

Oh wow! That’s so epic!! Glad having the lyrics was helpful. I can imagine you two coming up with some really cool stuff!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I totally thought of you when putting this together and was like, oooh not sure Jennifer will dig this… but super glad you thought it worked! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:smiling_imp: :joy:

Thanks! As you know, that’s the hardest part right?! :sweat_smile:

Thanks again :hugs: Can’t wait to hear what you and Dan come up with on your song writing adventures!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

WHOAAAA Jeff,

Mate, I don’t consider myself much of a Metalhead but from the start you had my feet going and head banging in time :clap: :clap: :+1:. I loved the lyrics, brilliant that’s all I can say.

And thanks for posting the tech info and links, great for people like me that are pouring their way through this stuff.

1 Like

Awsome lyrics as well Jeff :metal::grin::metal:

1 Like

Thanks for posting the lyrics. Seems I subconsciously picked up more of them when listening than I thought :slightly_smiling_face:

Great lyrics btw :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The distorted guitar riffs to an incessant drum machine, the doomed road trip lyrics, the shades all reminded me of a metal version of Andrew Eldritch methylating down Detonation Boulevard. Ah, to be young again… :laughing:

1 Like

Savage in the greatest sense.

1 Like

Thanks Craig!! :smiley: Glad you liked it!

No worries! Just hit me up if there’s anything else you’d like to know about the production :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks Trond!! :metal: :laughing:

:joy: Lol yeah must have filtered through, Nicole, got your spidey-sense working well! :wink: :sweat_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Great tune, Brian! :guitar:

Thanks Dom!! :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Hold the line caller.

Just listened on PC speakers and suitably impressed. The Dunedin Devil is “hotter than hell” (copyright Airbourne).

I need headphones and more volume.

But at first glance this needs a Lemmy. :metal:

1 Like

First of all, well done on sticking to a goal you’d set yourself. There is so much with the guitar it is very easy to lose sight.

Secondly, YES JEFF! I loved it. The guitar playing was great, loved the tone. Lyrics I thought were good as well. Very of that genre and I think you are a great performer.

Whoop! Whoop! :clap: :clap: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Oh yeah, cranked cans is a must loved it. Definitely a lot of Motorhead going on but I can hear over influences. But hey I’ve been listening to a lot of early metal recently. Production, mix and tone was spot on. A personal choice but I’d reduce the delay on the vox to make it a little clearer but that me. Thought the lyrics were suitably dark - listening to Trivium while I type :rofl: - and arranged nicely.
Looking to see how this grows but its pretty damn fine at the moment and could exist easily without a solo, More please.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

:metal: :rofl:

Thanks Toby! :smiley: Glad it fitted in with your current stack of tunes! And great to hear that you’ve been going down some darker alleyways as well lately, maybe we’ll hear some of that influence coming through from you again soon too, eh?! :thinking: :wink: :sweat_smile:

Thanks again! Great point, I’m in to the evil vibe of the heavy reverb and delay but I could definitely dial it back a bit. I was thinking that I did layer the vocals a little as well and periodically didn’t quite hit the phrasing at the same time, so that adds to the problem somewhat. I definitely need to work on getting that balance right between the effect I’m after whilst still retaining some clarity.

:metal: :smiling_imp:

Thanks Stefan! Yeah, one of the great things about this community is that these commitments we make to ourselves are out there, in public, keeping us honest. I’ve found that useful at times when I feel my direction getting lost a bit :wink:

Thanks so much mate, really glad you liked it!! :smiley: :+1:

That means a lot to me, Stefan, thank you! Really appreciate you checking this out and your very kind words :sunglasses:

3 Likes